• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Feathers

TinyFeathers

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Bump,

I'm not sure what this could be, but I'm sure someone will come along soon. Have you brought him to the vet yet?

Blue&Bell

Moving in
Hi
No, not yet. He’s very lively and no signs of illness. He’s cleaning his feathers as normal. Will give it a bit more time and see

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Welcome to the forum :)

Did you take the birds to the vet when you bought them? It is always advised, just to be sure they are in good health.
Do you know where your nearest avian vet is?

The way it is around the crop makes me think it could be crop burn. I am not a vet. It is just a thought.
@Hankmacaw @PoukieBear @enigma731 @Mockinbirdiva

Last edited:

TinyFeathers

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Hi
No, not yet. He’s very lively and no signs of illness. He’s cleaning his feathers as normal. Will give it a bit more time and see
That's not a problem. But if you ever suspect something is wrong with your bird, it's always a good idea to take them to a vet :) Also, like Zara said you should take your bird to the vet once you bring them home.

Hankmacaw

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Mary Lynn Skinner
The bird's skin looks nice and healthy and there are a few pin feathers starting. Watch closely to determine if he is plucking them.

Yep he needs to go to a vet. Unless another bird is lucking him or he is plucking himself, I have no idea what could be going on.

Blue&Bell

Moving in
Thank you for all your advice.
I will deffo take them to a vet.
We also ordered uv light for the cage, I heard it keeps them healthy and helps maintain physical and mental health.

When we got them, he was bald around his neck but slowly slowly feathers are coming out

TinyFeathers

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Hello! How is your bird? Is he doing any better?

Blue&Bell

Moving in
Hi,
Yes, soo much better, thank you
Not sure if it’s the UV light or not but a day after we installed the light, his feathers started growing like crazy. Now only a little bit is bald. As soon as we turned the light on they became really active like never before
Thanks again!

MauiWendy

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Wendy
He is adorable, even if he has a bald spot right now. If in doubt always take to the vet.