• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Feathers to regrow

Anamika

Checking out the neighborhood
Real Name
Anami
Hello All,
I have made a big mistake giving my bird to wrong guy for feather trim ,he has cut the feathers very short and it’s not growing since then. It’s very paining see her walk in the floor ,I want her to fly again at any cost .Please do help me to find out the solution

Attachments

Sunni Tiel

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Rachel
There's nothing you can do to make his feathers grow back, you'll have to wait until the next moult. In the meantime make sure there are plenty of ladders to reach all perches in the cage, and I suggest rethinking clipping his feathers ever again. ;)

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
The actual clipped feathers you see on your bird now won’t grow- they need to fall out (moult) and be replaced with healthy new feathers.
Hopefully your bird will moult really soon- nothing you can really do till then.
As stated above- try to give your bird lots of ladders, ropes and perches so it can safely get about anywhere it wants to go till it’s new wing feathers grow. If you can give your bird a way to get about the rooms it occupies without it having to walk on the floor that would be awesome for your bird. It’s so easy for them to get stepped on and other horrible things like that when they’re on the floor.