• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Feather plucking in Indian ringneck

5 feathers

Meeting neighbors
My 2 year old Indian ringneck Killi, started feather plucking a lot. He does not eat much. He only eats a little and whenever I give him a pellet, he does not eat it. He plucks his feathers under his wings. And he is also molting.
Does he have any disease? It does not look normal for me.
He used to eat normally before he started molting, why does be eat very little now?
Can I feed him bird cerlac to make him eat?

IMG_20210717_181439.jpg IMG_20210717_181430.jpg
Btw the pics are took after his bath, that's why he looks wet

Attachments

CrazyKozmo

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Rebecca
Sorry your bird started plucking. Has he been to an avian vet? That's the place to start...they will check to see if an illness is causing the plucking. Also, reduced eating may be a sign of unwellness. What do you feed him? Seeds aren't bad if you balance it out with fresh foods (mostly veggies, some fruits, nuts, freshly sprouted seeds). Pellets are good for them to eat (if they will) to make sure that all nutrients are covered in his diet. Let us know how things progress....

5 feathers

Meeting neighbors
He eats those seed mixes that include: Sunflower seeds, pellets, dry fruits, dry chillies, and a variety of grains and seeds ( which are only edible for parrots)
He also eats: apples, carrots, bananas, chillies, etc...
But he doesn't eat those too much these days...

5 feathers

Meeting neighbors
He broke a lil edge of his beak last year, and that was his first time to a vet..

5 feathers

Meeting neighbors
I don't think he is sad, because I also have 2 more indian ringnecks, one more male and a female. The other 2 birds are starting to mate and maybe Killi also wants a mate?