• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Feather Loss around eyes

Jean

Checking out the neighborhood
Real Name
Jean
My Lovebird has been experiencing feather/hair loss around his eyes for the past 2-3 weeks. He rubs his beak vigorously on a branch which extends out of his play station used as a perch and initially I thought this was the cause. But the hair loss continues. I know it is molting Season. No mites seen on him or his living quarters. Gave him a bath. His sleeping quarters are kept clean as well as his feeding station and play house (He is a free flyer). Other than this, his behavious hasnot changed - remains the sweetet loving cudling pet. There are no avian vets in my area, so hoping someone can help here. TY

Attachments

MarimaChan

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Marissa
There could be a small chance that your bird has an eye infection. Birds will try to itch the sore irritated eye which will cause the feathers to fall out. But I really can't say for sure because I am not a vet. Birds can also bald a little bit when they are vitamin deficient. But I really honestly think it's because it's molting and just feels itchy. Try to make a chamomile tea spray for your bird, chamomile is really good at helping itchy/irritated skin