• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Fearful Jardine's Help

1Birdmom

Moving in
Real Name
Tracy
Has anyone ever had a Jardine that is fearful of you if uou come close to cage , try to take it out of cage or even use a perch to get them out?

I have a 2yr old Mae that for some reason our relationship was jeopardized some how and now my boy is absolutely fearful of me , he runs and screams in his cage and at times on my shoulder. I am working with someone with him and so far now once he is out of his cage he is willing to sit on my shoulder but still seems very nervous. I just want to know how to build back our relationship of trust and for him to slow me to get him out of the cage with no issues

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
Has anyone ever had a Jardine that is fearful of you if uou come close to cage , try to take it out of cage or even use a perch to get them out?

I have a 2yr old Mae that for some reason our relationship was jeopardized some how and now my boy is absolutely fearful of me , he runs and screams in his cage and at times on my shoulder. I am working with someone with him and so far now once he is out of his cage he is willing to sit on my shoulder but still seems very nervous. I just want to know how to build back our relationship of trust and for him to slow me to get him out of the cage with no issues
I'm going to move this to a new thread so you get more exposure and answers.

You start over from the beginning like he's a bird you've never met before. Go at his pace. Give him space. Take it slow :)

1Birdmom

Moving in
Real Name
Tracy
I'm going to move this to a new thread so you get more exposure and answers.

You start over from the beginning like he's a bird you've never met before. Go at his pace. Give him space. Take it slow :)
Thanks that what I am doing just would like results faster lol