• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Favourite Play Stands?

Eqiine

Meeting neighbors
Hi, I have a young cockatiel who I like to let out of the cage as much as and for as long as possible. However, despite how much I love her, it’s annoying to have her on me all the time, and since there aren’t any toys outside her cage I want to make it more fun for her. So I’ve decided to get a play stand. I was wondering if anyone could send me links to ones they like.
The only issues are that she is heavily clipped on one wing, so she can’t fly and won’t be able to for a while (not my choice, I bought her like that.) I’d also like a stand I could hang lots of toys on and she can navigate easily.

Anyway, if any of you guys have play stands you use/really like please send me a link to them. It’d be highly appreciated. Thanks!

Momo & Mido

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Irene
Congrats on your new companion!

Although we love them, it's good for you and them to have some time apart. When I had just one bird he was much more on me as he is now, now he has a friend. Sometimes it feels like two birds is less work then one.

When I rescued Momo (my first lovebird) he also came clipped. So what I did is I hang rope everywhere I wanted to have him access to. So he could climb on and off things. That really helped. No I have it all hanging by the windows and they still sit on it together for hours everyday. I'm more of a person who likes to hang things, rather than play stands and trees. But I have relatively small birds so they like to sit as high (because they feel safer) as possible.

This is how my setup is now:

1602583393570.jpeg

1602583749234.jpeg

IMG_0408.jpg

scrape

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Those are awesome @Momo & Mido ! Great ideas!

@Eqiine I personally like taking a branch from a tree. A natural playstand. The little birds love it, and it makes it easy. All you gotta do it make a base, find a safe tree, cut off the most fun branch, clean it, attach it and add toys! A clipped bird can navigate easily if you find the right branch for them.

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
The ones from BeMore birds are awesome

Eqiine

Meeting neighbors
@Momo & Mido
Those look so good, I’ll definitely consider doing a hanging style instead of a stand since I know she likes being higher up. Also thanks for the idea of the ropes helping her get from place to place. As much as she likes to try, my bird can not fly for her life.

Eqiine

Meeting neighbors
Those are awesome @Momo & Mido ! Great ideas!

@Eqiine I personally like taking a branch from a tree. A natural playstand. The little birds love it, and it makes it easy. All you gotta do it make a base, find a safe tree, cut off the most fun branch, clean it, attach it and add toys! A clipped bird can navigate easily if you find the right branch for them.
I’ll see if I could try this, since the branch ones that I’ve seen cost upwards of 100 dollars, and I don’t really want to spend that much if I can help it.

Ulis_Beast

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Doroteja Lenassi
Loki has a butchered left wing too, so he isn't allowed anywhere higher than 50cm. I have only low, one bar tabletop stands for now. :(

@scrape made an amazing stand!
Here it is:

I also liked one that @fashionfobie has.. The fact that you can always replenish it with fresh branches.. superb!
here it is

I really like the Java ones you can buy too!

Eqiine

Meeting neighbors
When I rescued Momo (my first lovebird) he also came clipped. So what I did is I hang rope everywhere I wanted to have him access to. So he could climb on and off things. That really helped. No I have it all hanging by the windows and they still sit on it together for hours everyday. I'm more of a person who likes to hang things, rather than play stands and trees. But I have relatively small birds so they like to sit as high (because they feel safer) as possible.
I just wanted to ask, how did you hang everything from the ceiling? I know it may be a silly sounding question but I don’t really know how I should do it. Especially since I don’t actually own my house I can’t put holes in the wall.

Momo & Mido

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Irene
I just wanted to ask, how did you hang everything from the ceiling? I know it may be a silly sounding question but I don’t really know how I should do it. Especially since I don’t actually own my house I can’t put holes in the wall.
I know what you mean. I rent as well. But use what I got. I had some curtain rods that I use to hang the rope from. On one place I removed the rod and hung it on the hooks.
I used a nail though to hang that white IKEA thing (for scarfs and belts). It's secure enough and doesn't leave a big whole.

Here are some pictures:

1602678920038.jpeg IMG_3604.jpg IMG_3607.jpg

This is what I made yesterday for shower time:

1602679078930.jpeg