• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Favorite toys

Math Bird

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Becca
What are your budgies favorite toys? I’ve heard bells, rings and swings are good. Or should I just buy a million and go buy a million more of the ones that they like? Thanks in advance!

CeciliaZ

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Cecilia
My 2 budgies love soft balsa -especially the cubes over the rectangular pieces - I don't know why it makes a difference and mahogany pod slices - I put them on a small skewer. They also like palm items - I have a small palm fan in their cage they like chewing on. They like the small bell toys from Avian Stainless. I am new to budgies - so I am still discovering what they like. :) They like their swings also.

Familyof12

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Liz
Mine love love the soft balsa too! They adore twine and any thin branches they can sit on and chew at the same time. We are using cured California Sycamore branches as their perches and they love it! Mine also love swings like crazy!

Fritzgerald16

Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Jenelle
Mine seems to really enjoy a little bell on a purple plastic spring. He ferociously shakes it, also loves sitting on a branch with the bark on it and chewing the bark off. His favorite thing though? His food dish!! :p

Familyof12

Real Name
Liz
Mine seems to really enjoy a little bell on a purple plastic spring. He ferociously shakes it, also loves sitting on a branch with the bark on it and chewing the bark off. His favorite thing though? His food dish!! :p
I watched that video you posted! LOL. He is so cute and I love it that he eats so much!

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
My budgies adore the small mirrored ball. The female sleeps with her head resting on it at bedtime with the male close beside her. They don't bother with it at playtime. I think this toy is a security for them.

Parakeet88

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
So it seems like a lot of budgies like softer, easily shreddable materials. Mine also love vine, palm leaf (they love planet pleasure toys), and soft woods. They love bird kabobs. If it's too big or hard for them to destroy, they get bored of it. Mine love anything with crinkle paper and they also have this weird fascination with small chains.

Familyof12

Real Name
Liz
I had a problem getting toys small enough for my parrotlets and budgies. I did bring in a haul from Lil Monsters and it was fantastic! They are all small enough to put little seeds in and nutriberries and avicakes. I make mine work for those. I give fruit, veggies and roundybush crumble. The other stuff, they have to find it. They absolutely love love foraging. They are never bored when I walk in, I can tell they've hit everything kind of hard.

I've already had to make a new order with Lil Monsters as they've gone through some of them already! Even though they've gone through the toys, they keep going back again again, just to play with it. It occupies their time and they love all the foraging. Not just the playing.

PoukieBear

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Michelle
My birds love anything with a bell on it.

And honestly, another favourite is the easiest thing on the planet. A scrunched up ball of newspaper....LOL. they love to shred those up, and it's even better when you tuck little treats into it for them to forage for.

taxidermynerd

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Bee (they/he)
Chirp likes twirling crinkle shred in his beak, and he loves tiny bells. He nibbles at balsa every now and then. He loves chewing on seagrass mats. His most favorite thing is chewing on the ends of plastic string (like this MakeYourOwnBirdToys.com - Plastic String Rolls) He'll come down from the top of his cage all the way to the floor just to chew on the ends. He's a very picky boy!