• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Favorite human perching spots

Status
Not open for further replies.

Compassion

Ripping up the road
Avian Angel
Real Name
Angela
I was just curious where do your birds perch when they are hanging out on you?My lovies all have set spots that they prefer to hang out at and rarely perch anywhere else.Boo sits on my chest right above my heart,Pele always sits on my left shoulder,Zeus likes to sit on my right index finger and Annie doesn't really like to hang out much,but when she does she likes to sit on my right knee.What about your birds,do they have favorite spots or do they just perch wherever?

carkam

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
My GCC likes to either be on my Left shoulder, behind my neck, or sometimes just hang out on my legs.

leftie

Strolling the yard
Real Name
michelle
Our 'tiel is mostly a shoulder bird. But he does like to ride my hand when I type on the computer, like right now.:)

Compassion

Ripping up the road
Avian Angel
Real Name
Angela
I think it's funny how mine all have designated perching spots,it makes me wonder what made them choose their spots.

Lara Joseph

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Lara Joseph
My Umbrella's favored spot on me is on my head. My greenwing's preferred spot is either on my shoulder or on my hand. My Moluccan and Eclectus I keep on my hand.

Jadesmom

Real Name
Mary Ann
Mine have designated spots too...Jade R shoulder, Bella top of head, Buddy chest and Ducky left shoulder. And as soon as somebody flies off, its like musical chairs. Everybody wants to try someone elses place. :hehe:

Shade

Crazy for Pois!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Natacha
The only one who really has a preferred spot and will always go there if she can is Shade (Senegal). She loves to be on my right shoulder and will cuddle as close as she can to my neck.

Piper (Lovebird) will perch anywhere and will preferably put herself between me and whatever other bird :rolleyes:

Sharpie

Avenue Veteran
Luke only wants to sit on my head. Silly budgie. The others are shoulder birds.

Chicklette

Real Name
Courtney
Boomer and Chiquita love to perch at the back of my computer chair wih me while Im on the computer. They love to perch on me as well.

Chiquita

Boomer

J*M*L

Real Name
Julie
Dolce likes to be on my shoulder or my chest or up on my knee when I'm laying in bed. Velvet likes to be on my hand by my face, on my shoulder, or on my head. Blue Bell would rather be as far away from me as possible. The rescue tiel seems to like hangin' on my shoulder or on the pillow behind me.

Micki

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Micki
Banjo likes my chest so she can get close to my face and give me kisses or hanging on my chest so she can see what I am doing. Fiddle likes to be held in my husband's hand or right next to his neck -- He loves to snuggle!

akijoy

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Monica
I've got three birds, and they all want to be on my shoulder.

Still waiting for someone to invent an artificial third shoulder I can attach to myself.

Gertie is so funny. She will only perch on my husband's head, and never on a shoulder or hand, and she won't land on any of my kiids for more than a second. She has a superiority complex with the rest of the family.

Renae

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Either my shoulder (which I don't really like) or the back of my neck.

Sometimes my IRN and GCC will hang off my shirt at the side or on the back - IDK, they like it like that, but it's not always they do this. I can be walking around the house and there'll be a bird or two hanging off my shirt.

Izzy_Bird

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Lisa
Izzy likes to be on my ankle if I am on the couch with my feet up on the coffee table. If not, she wants to be on my hand, but I have to hold it close to my face so she can give me kisses as SHE wants lol

Status
Not open for further replies.