• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

fast clicking sounds and wiggling??

fars02

Moving in
hi everyone!! i am new to the bird club, but i’ve had my 3 month lovie for almost 2 months now and she’s started doing this weird thing when she’s super energetic where she’s click her beak super fast and wobble her body.
when i first saw it i thought she was choking, as it is like fast wiggling of the neck and body. i was wondering if anyone here knows what it could be? should i be concerned? i have videos but for some reason can’t seem to upload it however if someone can let me know how i’d be happy to!

DoubleTake

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Brian
hi everyone!! i am new to the bird club, but i’ve had my 3 month lovie for almost 2 months now and she’s started doing this weird thing when she’s super energetic where she’s click her beak super fast and wobble her body.
when i first saw it i thought she was choking, as it is like fast wiggling of the neck and body. i was wondering if anyone here knows what it could be? should i be concerned? i have videos but for some reason can’t seem to upload it however if someone can let me know how i’d be happy to!
Here is how to upload a video. Once you post it we can geta better idea of the bird's body language.

fars02

Moving in
Here is how to upload a video. Once you post it we can geta better idea of the bird's body language.

Awesome thank you!! Below i have attached videos describing what I’m talking about :) If anyone knows anything about what my lovie is doin, please let me know!!

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
Your bird is regurgitating fit your thumb. Best to not encourage that.

fars02

Moving in
Your bird is regurgitating fit your thumb. Best to not encourage that.
Oh shoot! Thanks for letting me know!! When she dances around my bag does it mean she’s regurgitating there? How can I discourage her?

DoubleTake

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Brian
Looks like she is regurgitating for for you and then she's like naw, imma eat it. If she is doing it a lot, I would suggest you start weighing her to make sure she isn't losing a lot of weight. I typically recommend weighing your birds anyways since birds will hide their illnesses and this would be one way to monitor it. If you do weigh, be consistent on the time of day, I recommend in the morning before they eat.

fars02

Moving in
Looks like she is regurgitating for for you and then she's like naw, imma eat it. If she is doing it a lot, I would suggest you start weighing her to make sure she isn't losing a lot of weight. I typically recommend weighing your birds anyways since birds will hide their illnesses and this would be one way to monitor it. If you do weigh, be consistent on the time of day, I recommend in the morning before they eat.
Awesome! I’ll start doing that thanks!! She has never actually thrown up food, but rather just kinda does that in a spot. I’ll weight her to stay on the safe side though:)

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
She has never actually thrown up food, but rather just kinda does that in a spot.
My youngest appears to do that (just eat it again instead of deposit it somewhere), but the soft toy he humps gets disgusting with food all over it.

Are you sure your bird is female?

fars02

Moving in
i was
My youngest appears to do that (just eat it again instead of deposit it somewhere), but the soft toy he humps gets disgusting with food all over it.

Are you sure your bird is female?
I was told she was, but hmmm maybe she’s (he’s?) a male?