• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pictures False Water Cobra

riddick07

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Victoria
She came in April 2019 but I haven’t taken many pics of her. She‘s much calmer at a year old compared to her baby thrashing about:rolleyes: She will be 2 in October/November can’t remember her exact hatch date but I bought her December 2018 but the weather was so cold that year, plus holidays, we couldn’t ship until April. The one thing I wanted in one of these was a really thick eye stripe that went pretty far down the neck. She has come thru for me and has a beautiful mask going on!

Here she is!

The natural color variations are quite large for these so it’s hard to know how they will turn out, so it was just luck to get that mask I wishing for on her! This is her breeder baby pic to see where she started.

Also, mom & likely dad. Opposites haha. I think so far she has landed somewhere in between!

Mockinbirdiva

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Andrea
Can they spread a hood like a cobra? Interesting and frightening all at one time!

riddick07

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Victoria
Can they spread a hood like a cobra? Interesting and frightening all at one time!
They try really hard but they have nothing on actual cobra displays. They don’t rise up to display either it’s jut a flaring of the hood. They might do a slight diagonal like lifting of the body but it’s nothing to write home about. You can see her starting to flare the hood out slightly in the 4th pic of the original post.

I don’t have any pics of her hooding up but I pulled this decent pic off google. They have a baby hood lol When she’s feeling extra annoyed she flattens the whole body. Looking like a squashed snake:lol:

Ali

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Alistair
Where did you get her? She's bigger than I expected! Will she grow more or is she full size?

riddick07

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Victoria
She’s from a breeder. Kyle Wilson is his name. He has really pretty and big false waters. She is not full size. I’m guessing she is about 3-3.5ft right now and I expect she will at least double her current size. I have an empty 8ft that I have been leaving empty while I wait to see how big she gets. I’m thinking either a 5ft or 8ft cage depending on her end size.

Reactions: Ali