• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Fake Plants in Play Area

Barbara2

Walking the driveway
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Barb

EkkieLu

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Tricia
This is every birds dream home, beautiful
the crew really enjoys it! Major chore to keep clean tho. How they can make the whole place look like I haven't cleaned in weeks in just 24 hours I don't know! Lol!!!

Gribouille

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Not only fun but also very nice decorated! Those plants are real, right?
Yes they are. Spent quite a lot of time at the shop checking each latin name and if they were safe, but worth it! I chose mini-plants so they don't need too much place, but they can grow quite big. I'll see which survives to the point where I need larger shelves :D ...

Momo & Mido

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Irene
Yes they are. Spent quite a lot of time at the shop checking each latin name and if they were safe, but worth it! I chose mini-plants so they don't need too much place, but they can grow quite big. I'll see which survives to the point where I need larger shelves :D ...
It's a lot of work, I know! I have over 35 plants in my home. All bird safe. But because there is no real good database with a list of which plant is safe and which isn't, you have to do some digging. I have to warn you though, I have seen some list where they name some plants to be non toxic, but really are. I always look first at housplant411. The person who made that website really dove in toxicity levels of plants.

Gribouille

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
It's a lot of work, I know! I have over 35 plants in my home. All bird safe. But because there is no real good database with a list of which plant is safe and which isn't, you have to do some digging. I have to warn you though, I have seen some list where they name some plants to be non toxic, but really are. I always look first at housplant411. The person who made that website really dove in toxicity levels of plants.
Thanks, I'll have a look at that! I always check several places for each plant and if I have any doubt I drop to buy it. My birds have been taught not to touch plants, and they really only land on one of them, a big palm that they don't damage since I chase them/pick them up if they land on it, but you never know, I'm not always there watching their every moves... I have a dragon tree that is not bird safe and stands a place they never visit, the others should be OK but I'll check again at housplant411.