• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

F10 safety question

BirdyBee

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Anè(she/her)
Is it safe to use F10 around birds? What is the reccomended dilution? Can I use in in their room to clean their walls(they threw veggies all over)?

I don't know how much I exactly did.. I don't have something to measure it with.. but I did roughly a few drops in 500 ml.

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Banner Hoarder
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
The directions say for general cleaning, 1:500. So that would be 1 ml to 500 ml.

For disinfecting, 1:250.

Yes it is safe to use around birds :) It's however not a good "cleaner" in my experience. It's definitely better as a disinfectant. For the walls, I find dawn dish soap and warm water far more effective.

Feathery

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Nichole
Some additional information on F10 SC. I reached out to them to find out the shelf life once diluted.

"Thank you for your enquiry. F10 SC disinfectant is suitable to be kept for at least 6 months once diluted. It should be kept in a sealed container/bottle rather than open to the environment to ensure the solution does not become contaminated.

If using distilled water then you can extend this diluted ‘shelf-life’ to 2 years."

BirdyBee

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Anè(she/her)
I used it to clean the trays this evening(it's that time of the week.. ugh) and it works nice. I left it for about 15 min to kill some of the possible bacteria, Fungi etc.

aooratrix

Macawaholic
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
As long as the dilution is correct, you could bathe in it.