• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

F10/Bleach Alternative for Cage Disinfectant?

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Shez
That is straight disinfectant.
No cleaning detergent in that one.

You clean with whatever your choice of cleaner is and rinse and dry if needed (I usually clean the cage with just hot water if I can) then spray with the diluted F10sc and leave it to dry.

I’ve never seen it for sale in such small amounts before.

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Shez
I do remember reading that F10 has some counterfeiting happening so to buy it from a reputable seller. I can’t say I’ve seen that bottle before. The label is actually a fair but different to my 200ml bottle and my 5lt bottle.
@Hankmacaw @Mizzely what do you guys think? Are the labels made different for each country maybe? Mine are both without any blue on their labels.

clarousel

Rollerblading along the road
That is straight disinfectant.
No cleaning detergent in that one.

You clean with whatever your choice of cleaner is and rinse and dry if needed (I usually clean the cage with just hot water if I can) then spray with the diluted F10sc and leave it to dry.

I’ve never seen it for sale in such small amounts before.
Thanks! Was gonna do just that so that's great. Was all ready to ring up the store amd ask for a return haha

Strange we can only get this one here and no the orange vet label one.

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Banner Hoarder
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
I think the last bottle I got was 100ml.

I don't recall seeing that label before, you could maybe contact the manufacturer to be sure it's legit

clarousel

I do remember reading that F10 has some counterfeiting happening so to buy it from a reputable seller. I can’t say I’ve seen that bottle before. The label is actually a fair but different to my 200ml bottle and my 5lt bottle.
@Hankmacaw @Mizzely what do you guys think? Are the labels made different for each country maybe? Mine are both without any blue on their labels.
Oh I just saw this. Most of the pet stores online only sell this blue label one. I'll wait to hear back before using this just to be sure!

clarousel

Just updating-

The store checked with their supplier and said it is the same product but an updated packaging.

Local bird owners here also confirmed it's safe to use once diluted to the stated ratios :)

Phew!

Nikomania

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Steaming does the job and is quick and easy! I have had this one for many years. Steam cleaned a large walk-in aviary in 30 minutes yesterday.

McCulloch Steamer
I may just try steam cleaning my flock's cages. I dread dragging all their cages outside to be power steamed, something which I need to do again very soon.