• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

F046 or Yaheetech flight cage

Sparkles99

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Does anyone have personal experience with the Prevue Hendryx F046 Flight Cage or the Yaheetech flight cages?
Unfortunately I don't have a model number for the Yaheetech, because Wayfair rebrands everything. Here are the product links.

I really like the A&E Elegant Flight cages I have now, but they're out of stock everywhere & I'm in the market for a third cage.

Independent reviews from AA would be ideal, because I asked a local pet shop about getting in the F046 (they're seeing if they can). Then I read a bunch of online reviews. Wires popping off seem common. Not the quality I'd hope for in a cage. My A&Es don't do this, though I realize they're made for bigger birds.

Thanks for any help!

Wardy

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Does anyone have personal experience with the Prevue Hendryx F046 Flight Cage or the Yaheetech flight cages?
Unfortunately I don't have a model number for the Yaheetech, because Wayfair rebrands everything. Here are the product links.

I really like the A&E Elegant Flight cages I have now, but they're out of stock everywhere & I'm in the market for a third cage.

Independent reviews from AA would be ideal, because I asked a local pet shop about getting in the F046 (they're seeing if they can). Then I read a bunch of online reviews. Wires popping off seem common. Not the quality I'd hope for in a cage. My A&Es don't do this, though I realize they're made for bigger birds.

Thanks for any help!
No experience with those models however the cage i recently bought as a upgrade for Mojo is Yaheetech and i can't fault it.
Good build quality easy to assemble and excelent price £160. The door lock is excelent as are the locks on bowl doors.
I have been trying to get another for KiKi and cant find one anywhere it is most similar to the bottom link.

Just be carefull as i saw a thread where someone said bar spacings where wider than advertised on a yaheetech cage.

I know Mojos isnt the same model shout at me if you want for offering feedback on a different model cage.

Sparkles99

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Thanks, Wardy! I searched & found that thread. I am tired of flight cages that say half inch spacing but actually have 5/8 of an inch spacing. I read on the Golden Cockatoo website that spacing can't be wider than the width of a bird's eyes, so while 5/8 might work on a budgie, it'd not be ideal if down the road I'd like to use it for a canary, which I would one day. I guess I'll have to hope the local shop can get the Prevue Hendryx one in.

finchly

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Finchly
Prevue is a great brand. I like their products, although I have no experience with that model, I own 3 of their others.

Yaheetech is an off brand. Don’t know anything about them.

My :2cents:

FeatheredM

Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Monique
I have a yehatech flight cage, I regret buying it because the bar spacing reached almost an inch in some places

Ripshod

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Linden
Don't be biased towards the cheaper option. Very often a similar cage costing twice as much will last three times longer.
@FeatheredM I was ready to dig out your thread as an example. Chinese 'clone' cages can be good, but have let so many people down. So hit and miss with a lot of the Chinese stuff we see flooding our markets. It's getting better but better than bad can still be bad.
(I'm ready to be flamed for that comment)

Last edited:

Wardy

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Thanks, Wardy! I searched & found that thread. I am tired of flight cages that say half inch spacing but actually have 5/8 of an inch spacing. I read on the Golden Cockatoo website that spacing can't be wider than the width of a bird's eyes, so while 5/8 might work on a budgie, it'd not be ideal if down the road I'd like to use it for a canary, which I would one day. I guess I'll have to hope the local shop can get the Prevue Hendryx one in.
I got it online

Sparkles99

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Thanks! I’m glad I checked here first. Most everything else is out of stock. Apparently there’s a global shortage of steel. I’ll have to wait. :)