• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Exuberantly Emma!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Merlie

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Spotlight Award
I love Emma videos :heart: :heart:

I love her "wow's" and "great kisses", she cracks me up with "Emma's so smart" :dancing:

She really is a special little gal .. you should be very, very proud of her, as she seems quite proud of herself :dance4:

ortegah

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Heather Ortega

:heart: Emma says Thank you Emmett!:hehe:
I swear he sat there the whole time and watched and talked back to her. He was beeping and kissing and whistling at her :D

Saemma

Ripping up the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I love Emma videos :heart: :heart:

I love her "wow's" and "great kisses", she cracks me up with "Emma's so smart" :dancing:

She really is a special little gal .. you should be very, very proud of her, as she seems quite proud of herself :dance4:
Thanks Merlie.:) An african was my dream parrot for a good while. I vowed that if I ever brought one into my life, I would do it at the right time

and I would do everything possible to make life as pleasant as possible for him/her. :)

Saemma

Ripping up the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
That's interesting and didn't know that before. Any other dream birds?
An african grey was my dream bird as soon as I discovered how intelligent they are. I am extremely embarrassed to say that I used to be those type of children/people who overlooked african greys because they seemed so bland ( bowing head down in shame):( compared to the other brightly colored parrots. In fact, I used to be SO impressed with sun conures. :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:
This was when I was in my tween years. :o:o As I grew older, I read more and was fascinated by how intelligent the african grey supposedly was and of course "talking ability" as well. Even the white capped pionus parrot wasn't even on my radar. I had read about the Maximillian pionus parrot and was pretty intrigued with that species of pionus parrot.:)

:)Titanis, I don't think I have any other dream parrots but if I were to consider another one, I think it would be a Cape parrot. This may be a very premature statement, but so far they seem to have qualities that would make them a great fit with my temperment. :)

TITANIS

:)Titanis, I don't think I have any other dream parrots but if I were to consider another one, I think it would be a Cape parrot. This may be a very premature statement, but so far they seem to have qualities that would make them a great fit with my temperment. :)
I could understand your liking of Capes. I like them very much as well and they've long been one of my favorites. I think Capes would be a great fit for many parrot owners, actually. :)

lotus15

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Coco
I hope I (or rather the info I sent) was able to be a factor in this statement :dance4::dance4: Yay Capes!

Saemma

Ripping up the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I hope I (or rather the info I sent) was able to be a factor in this statement :dance4::dance4: Yay Capes!

Yup :dance4:and the fact that I had a Cape perch on me once. I was so *awestruck and intimidated* by her beak that I felt I was going to faint. There was no way back then that I thought I'd be able to handle it. Since having Emma, I feel a Cape parrot would be not that much different in terms of *handling*:hehe:

TITANIS

Yup :dance4:and the fact that I had a Cape perch on me once. I was so *awestruck and intimidated* by her beak that I felt I was going to faint. There was no way back then that I thought I'd be able to handle it. Since having Emma, I feel a Cape parrot would be not that much different in terms of *handling*:hehe:
Capes are supposedly easier to handle than greys comparing both species in general terms and as adult birds. Greys have a reputation for being a bit on the flighty side and aren't the most easily handled of the mid-sized parrots when mature. Many people compare them with Amazons specifically to their dislike of being touched. Would you agree with this or think it's more individual?

Saemma

Ripping up the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Capes are supposedly easier to handle than greys comparing both species in general terms and as adult birds. Greys have a reputation for being a bit on the flighty side and aren't the most easily handled of the mid-sized parrots when mature. Many people compare them with Amazons specifically to their dislike of being touched. Would you agree with this or think it's more individual?
Titanis, I really don't have any experience with greys other than with Emma. I was always fascinated by greys but intimidated by their beaks. Emma is the first grey that I ever let perch on me.

My opinion is, I would think that it is case by case and has alot to do with the parrot's upbringing.
I really believe that if I stay the course and continue to treat Emma the way I already do for many years to come, I'm sure she will not be much different than how she is today, minus ** those crazy hormone surges**:eek:
Emma is very trusting, easy to handle and goes to strangers pretty readily. She won't accept scritches if she hasn't known you for a while but she is accepting of perching on your hand and will pay attention to what you have to say.:)

Parrots live a very very long time. I think many people are not able to stay as *committed* to their parrots the way they were at the beginning or during the first few years. Life happens, people have less time, they have babies, develop other interests.........blah, blah, blah. In the end, the parrot ends up getting the shorter end of the stick.

At this point, I really believe that it's an *individual* thing.

Last edited:

saroj12

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
saroj
:omg:she is amazing!!!:laughing12::laughing12::laughing12:

Saemma

Ripping up the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
:) Thanks Sarojie!!:)

Quest

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Judy
Capes are supposedly easier to handle than greys comparing both species in general terms and as adult birds. Greys have a reputation for being a bit on the flighty side and aren't the most easily handled of the mid-sized parrots when mature. Many people compare them with Amazons specifically to their dislike of being touched. Would you agree with this or think it's more individual?[/QUOTE]

Wow, my CAG loves to be touched
and is nothing like that description.
He is quiet around other people but
he loves to be handled and loved on.:)

newf

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
She is too cute! I also love her wows and her kisses. It's hard to believe she is as old as she is already. I still keep thinking she is still the baby you first talked about bringing home. Guess they are like kids. They are always your baby even if they are grown up.:)

Saemma

Ripping up the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
She is too cute! I also love her wows and her kisses. It's hard to believe she is as old as she is already. I still keep thinking she is still the baby you first talked about bringing home. Guess they are like kids. They are always your baby even if they are grown up.:)
Thanks Newf.. but she's only 2 years old!! Still a big baby!!:heart:

Status
Not open for further replies.