• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here
  • This forum is for advice about initial treatment given to your injured/sick bird until a qualified avian veterinarian is available.
    THIS IS NOT MEANT TO REPLACE VET CARE

Extremely graphic pics, what is this a blood blister

Status
Not open for further replies.

Billie Faye

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Billie Faye
:hug8: Do you have an idea of why she is "plucking"?:hug8:

Birdiemarie

Feather Snuggler
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Marie
Glad she's ok. They sure know how to give us grey hairs. :hug8:

Greycloud

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Oh my! What a scare! I am glad everything worked out. Goofy stop scaring your daddy!

Lobby

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Mark Hogan
Goofy started this behavior in Feb of '09 when Jenni was almost killed in a car accident. Jenni was in and out of the hospital, including an 18 day stay after an emergency splenectomy. Besides not getting the attention she needed as I became a primary care giver to a human instead of just the fids, there was also the issue of the all the noise of the walker on the wooden floor coming to the bathroom right next to her at all hours of the day and night.

By the time the stress level and life got back to normal Goofy had a well established habit. I try to keep her busy with foraging, but she figures out most toys so quickly that they really don't work well. Even when rotated she remembers them. Starting tomorrow instead of putting just Zupreem natural in coffee filters hung up around her cage I'm going to do the same with her Harrison's. The Harrion's used to be hidden in dishes under toy parts and the dish wrapped in newspaper but even that seemed too easy for her.

It is time that I start coming up with some really good ideas for foraging for Goofy.

Lobby

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Mark Hogan
Goofy started this behavior in Feb of '09 when Jenni was almost killed in a car accident. Jenni was in and out of the hospital, including an 18 day stay after an emergency splenectomy. Besides not getting the attention she needed as I became a primary care giver to a human instead of just the fids, there was also the issue of the all the noise of the walker on the wooden floor coming to the bathroom right next to her at all hours of the day and night.

By the time the stress level and life got back to normal Goofy had a well established habit. I try to keep her busy with foraging, but she figures out most toys so quickly that they really don't work well. Even when rotated she remembers them. Starting tomorrow instead of putting just Zupreem natural in coffee filters hung up around her cage I'm going to do the same with her Harrison's. The Harrion's used to be hidden in dishes under toy parts and the dish wrapped in newspaper but even that seemed too easy for her.

It is time that I start coming up with some really good ideas for foraging for Goofy.

Lobby

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Mark Hogan

birdlover82

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Susan
:hug8: Glad to hear she's fine. I hope you are able to find something to fill her time. That would be very frustrating and heartbreaking.:(

Status
Not open for further replies.