• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Exploring and scritches

Tvdv96

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Tessa
Sisi was having a ball yesterday, she was exploring and wanted all the scritches she could get. :heart: And I couldn't get her to come with me to her cage, even though she was very tired. :lol:
I'm still so amazed at how much she changed - and still is changing - since I got her. Normally I have to come with her and 'help' her explore, but yesterday she was strutting around and had her big girl pants on. She didn't need my help and was exploring everything she thought was interesting, including her own shadow. She even walked after my parents (on the couch) demanding some attention. :)
She also has this routine when she goes back to her cage, she wants a kiss from my mom before she goes. I jokingly said to Sisi 'say bye' and then she softly said 'bye' to my mom. It was so sweet :xflove:
I also took some pictures of her.
IMG-20201106-WA0022.jpeg
Wanting to take a picture, but Sisi put her head down to my phone demanding some scritches.

IMG_20201106_172626.jpg
She's always very interested in my phone and tries to grab it :lol:

IMG_20201107_092940.jpg
IMG_20201107_093022.jpg
IMG_20201107_093039.jpg
I put on the 'selfie' camera so she could see herself, I believe she thought it was quite weird.
IMG_20201106_172731.jpg
And almost falling asleep, but she still didn't want to go back to her cage. :xflove:
I also made a video of her enjoying some scritches, I will try and post that later.

Hope you all have a great day!

dollfish

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Zeynep Dollfish
Very well done Sisi! It is the best when they interact with sounds. She seems so sweet and calm. Does she always like scritches?

Tvdv96

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Tessa
Very well done Sisi! It is the best when they interact with sounds. She seems so sweet and calm. Does she always like scritches?
Yes it really is! :) Sisi is indeed very calm most of the time, she does however have some moments where she will dance and will be making some loud sounds and her own music to dance on :lol:
Yes, Sisi is very cuddly for an African Grey. She wants scritches almost every day and will ask for it herself by putting down her head or softly pressing her beak or head to your hand.

dollfish

Real Name
Zeynep Dollfish
Awwwwwww she looks that way too, even in the pictures! Astro is not very into scritches. Does Sisi ever let you "preen" her as in removing the sheath off the pin feathers? I always envy that kind of natural bird interaction when I see other people doing it!
:smileflower:

Tvdv96

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Tessa
Awwwwwww she looks that way too, even in the pictures! Astro is not very into scritches. Does Sisi ever let you "preen" her as in removing the sheath off the pin feathers? I always envy that kind of natural bird interaction when I see other people doing it!
:smileflower:
I followed to watch. My ig doesn't have any bird stuff unfortunately so feel free to not accept my request LOL!
Yes she does let me preen her, but she does let me know when it's enough and will push me away softly with her beak. She's really gentle! :heart:
I accepted your request, your account looks great!

dollfish

Real Name
Zeynep Dollfish
Yes she does let me preen her, but she does let me know when it's enough and will push me away softly with her beak. She's really gentle! :heart:
I accepted your request, your account looks great!
She looks sooooo calm and content!
:heart2:

Ulis_Beast

Real Name
Doroteja Lenassi
Aaaargh.. I just joined IG to see your vid.. you ppl are turning me into a social media monster :rofl:
Anyways.. Go Sisi, Go Sisi :birdance::heart::starshower:
I find great pleasure in seeing an animal flourish, when given the chance!
I hope you two have many awesome days worth of sharing.... And that Sisi finds ever greater courage.

Tessa, I'd love to see Sisi dancing to her own tune.. Will you pleaaaase upload a video if you get a chance?

Tvdv96

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Tessa
Aaaargh.. I just joined IG to see your vid.. you ppl are turning me into a social media monster :rofl:
Anyways.. Go Sisi, Go Sisi :birdance::heart::starshower:
I find great pleasure in seeing an animal flourish, when given the chance!
I hope you two have many awesome days worth of sharing.... And that Sisi finds ever greater courage.

Tessa, I'd love to see Sisi dancing to her own tune.. Will you pleaaaase upload a video if you get a chance?
Sorry! :lol:

Thank you so much! :heart2: it's indeed so great to see animals flourish, such a great feeling!

Will definitely do that when I get the chance! :lol:She's a bit camera shy, but she's also getting more and more comfortable with the camera.

Tvdv96

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Tessa