• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Exotic Wings & Pet Things Inc

Sparkles99

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I've ordered from them in the past & everything went as planned. :) Would love to visit the store in person! Was an hourish from it this summer & severely tempted...

TinyFeathers

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Thank you for the advice everyone! My bird particularly loved the fruit themed toys (watermelon, pineapple, blueberry, etc) from Things For Wings, but I don't think they make them anymore, which is okay, but my bird loved them lol. So I was looking for some similar toys from another place, but didn't find anything quite like it. I have a GCC but he seems to have the beak of a macaw.. he destroys all "medium bird toys" so fast..

As for Exotic Wings & Pet Things Inc, they responded so quickly and they are sending me replacements for the toys with the concern :) which I think was very nice of them! They were really professional, and understanding.

owlsthetic

Jogging around the block
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Yeah I love Oliver's Garden, I'd order more from but she's mostly does pine and Echo's a lazy chewer likes basal and soft wood. But she does have awesome pines and they are so cute!

About I usually don't do large orders. I've splurge on some birbber orders rarely. I wonder if I order some really expensive if I was get tagged with duty fees. They have fine print thing saying buyers are responsible for import and duty fees. So far I've never been hit before I think Ive never spent over $200
Yeah the toys look super cute! Haha Echo destroys all his soft toys so well :D

It's really weird because I think the duty exempt amount is like way lower (like $60 or something?) but I also didn't get duty for most of my US orders, it's really inconsistent for sure! Birbber stuff is sooo cute! I recently ordered some keychains and passport cover from them too. No duties on my order either haha. Didn't read the fine print about import and duty although I'm already used to paying it whenever it comes up at this point lol

flyzipper

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Steve
Would love to visit the store in person! Was an hourish from it this summer & severely tempted...
During Covid, they transitioned heavily to online sales and even now are currently doing in-store shopping by appointment only (their FAQ).

When I've mentioned in other posts about spending time at a "local avian shop", this is that shop.

Marvin came into my life through them, and their openness is what allowed me to have hands-on time with boarding and rehome macaws, which is ultimately how I also met Jericho and had the confidence add a him, as larger bird, to my family. Along the way there were numerous face to face conversations with other customers. The shop felt like a community to me.

I feel sad that others might miss those opportunities.

owlsthetic

Jogging around the block
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Thank you for the advice everyone! My bird particularly loved the fruit themed toys (watermelon, pineapple, blueberry, etc) from Things For Wings, but I don't think they make them anymore, which is okay, but my bird loved them lol. So I was looking for some similar toys from another place, but didn't find anything quite like it. I have a GCC but he seems to have the beak of a macaw.. he destroys all "medium bird toys" so fast..

As for Exotic Wings & Pet Things Inc, they responded so quickly and they are sending me replacements for the toys with the concern :) which I think was very nice of them! They were really professional, and understanding.
Aww I hope you find something similar then! GCC beaks really surprise me with how strong they are too! Luckily my boy is more a soft wood bird so Sola & balsa toys usually do the job for me.

I'm glad to hear Exotic Wings has responded so fast and are sending replacements! :)

Sparkles99

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
During Covid, they transitioned heavily to online sales and even now are currently doing in-store shopping by appointment only (their FAQ).

When I've mentioned in other posts about spending time at a "local avian shop", this is that shop.

Marvin came into my life through them, and their openness is what allowed me to have hands-on time with boarding and rehome macaws, which is ultimately how I also met Jericho and had the confidence add a him, as larger bird, to my family. Along the way there were numerous face to face conversations with other customers. The shop felt like a community to me.

I feel sad that others might miss those opportunities.
Now, I want to visit even more!

flyzipper

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Steve
Now, I want to visit even more!
I hope you can someday, and that by-appointment-only doesn't blunt some of the experience I described.

Kiwi's Dad

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sebastian

I'm glad they resolved the issue!