• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Excitement before bedtime

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
Tonight when I went to turn the lights out for Burt I found a visitor had snuck in!!!
If there is a flying insect in, on or close to his cage then Burt yells at them like they’re dangerous and shoos them away rather seriously with a display of big wings and scary rah noises (loud and dramatic pretty much sums it up). So knowing how he reacts to small birds and even really tiny flying insects, I have to say that I am very proud of Burt for not freaking out at this little critter that somehow got into the room. He sat calmly on his perch watching me take these pics and looking at the tiny Micro Bat then when the bat started flying laps of the room above Burt and in front of him he just moved to the bars and quietly watched. When I finally got it to exit my room Burt just did a surprised sounding hmph noise. No screaming or flapping about or racing heart- completely calm bird. I am honestly shocked.

4BBD3C16-D3EA-40AD-B479-39DDB1CFDE41.jpeg 783048BD-4263-43B1-AE0D-24C30EAEF938.jpeg B8488E11-3E47-48AD-B165-274C1068810B.jpeg 9A3B991C-CD25-4B4F-AFF8-975533D95492.jpeg
So he’s having a late night because it took me ages to get the bat outside. Thankfully it is safely outside after taking a full tour of most of my house and closely inspecting my curtains, cupboards, ornaments, couch and luckily managing not to catch the attention of my dog till it was safely flying out the door.

Edit: I’m not even really sure where I should have posted this one but to me a bat is a cute little critter! Lol

SandraK

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Palm Coast, FL. Carioca'55 when RJ was in GB.
Real Name
Sandra
Tonight when I went to turn the lights out for Burt I found a visitor had snuck in!!!
If there is a flying insect in, on or close to his cage then Burt yells at them like they’re dangerous and shoos them away rather seriously with a display of big wings and scary rah noises (loud and dramatic pretty much sums it up). So knowing how he reacts to small birds and even really tiny flying insects, I have to say that I am very proud of Burt for not freaking out at this little critter that somehow got into the room. He sat calmly on his perch watching me take these pics and looking at the tiny Micro Bat then when the bat started flying laps of the room above Burt and in front of him he just moved to the bars and quietly watched. When I finally got it to exit my room Burt just did a surprised sounding hmph noise. No screaming or flapping about or racing heart- completely calm bird. I am honestly shocked.

View attachment 329290 View attachment 329291 View attachment 329292 View attachment 329293
So he’s having a late night because it took me ages to get the bat outside. Thankfully it is safely outside after taking a full tour of most of my house and closely inspecting my curtains, cupboards, ornaments, couch and luckily managing not to catch the attention of my dog till it was safely flying out the door.

Edit: I’m not even really sure where I should have posted this one but to me a bat is a cute little critter! Lol
And they're great all natural insect control too! :bedbug:

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Oh Wow! He certainly is a cute surprise! How wonderful that Burt was on his best behaviour and didn´t freak out :swoon:

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
He probably thought it was another bird. :)

Hjarta5

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Jennifer
I'm so proud of Burt! Good thing he didnt become Vampire Burt -- I would have been scared! :hug8:

hrafn

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
What a cutie!! I just adore bats, they're so precious.
I once took care of a bat with a damaged wing for several days in the winter (it was too dangerous to drive him to the rehab centre, so they told me what to do over the phone) and I loooooved him.

What a good boy for being so calm, Burt! :heart: