• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here
  • This forum is for advice about initial treatment given to your injured/sick bird until a qualified avian veterinarian is available.
    THIS IS NOT MEANT TO REPLACE VET CARE

Excellent Vet in Phoenix, AZ (Mesa)

Nadia Bingo

Strolling the yard
I cannot recommend Dr. Driggers enough.

He is the avian vet used by the largest bird rescue in the state and has spoken and published extensively on parrots.

He is also a 'bird whisperer'. My grey, Bingo, HATES strangers yet remains calm when he touches her and lets him draw blood without a fuss. It is one of the more amazing things I've ever seen.

And each of our visits runs a little long because Dr. Driggers enjoys explaining everything in great detail. He truly loves birds and tries to educate each bird owner.

Additionally, his prices are competitive and he has a surgical suite should your parrot need surgery.

All told I've been taking my parrots to him since 2014 and cannot recommend him highly enough.

Avian & Exotic Animal Clinic of Arizona
1911 S Lindsay Rd
Mesa, AZ 85204

Hankmacaw

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Mary Lynn Skinner
Well, I'm glad to have the reinforcement. I've been taking Hank (before he died in 2012) and Jasper (24 yo GW female macaw) for 18 years. Ever since he was a mobile vet and just rented an exam room from another vet hospital when needed.

Dr. Driggers has saved my birds' lives time after time. Hank was so ill when I got him that no one expected him to live - Dr. Driggers doesn't give up and he managed to keep Hank alive for 15 years. Hank died of a carcinoid thyroid tumor that penetrated his pericardium. Hank was my heart bird. Jasper has had Congestive heart failure since I got her at 6 1/2 yo. She has had some very rough times and she has toppled on the edge of death more than once. Dr. Driggers has, through lots of research and a willingness to try new treatments, kept her alive.

He's my hero and I can't wait to see him on the 27th at Jasper's regular 6 month appointment.

MiniMacaw

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Lisa