• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Examples of Ekkies talking

gibsongrrrl

Courtney Lou Hoo
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Courtney Lou Hoo
I love Ekkie voices! One of the cutest things I've ever heard is Debbie's Eko singing "I'm a little teapot" :swoon:

Birdiemarie

Feather Snuggler
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Marie
After all the research I did that particular video of Eko and then Debbie's other videos is what tipped the scales in my decision to get an ekkie. I was thrilled when she later joined AA. :D :heart:

piercesdesigns

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Debbie

gibsongrrrl

Courtney Lou Hoo
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Courtney Lou Hoo
After all the research I did that particular video of Eko and then Debbie's other videos is what tipped the scales in my decision to get an ekkie. I was thrilled when she later joined AA. :D :heart:
i can see why:) they are so stinkin' cute! i'm pretty sure i've made every single person that's come to my house watch that video of him singing i'm a little teapot:D. I don't know if you even know this, Debbie, but Eko was the first Ekkie I ever met. :heart: him!

piercesdesigns

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Debbie
Eko is an excellent spokesman for ekkies. He is my soulmate and once in a lifetime pet. I have had him for almost 10 yrs now and I cannot imagine my life without him.

Birdiemarie

Feather Snuggler
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Marie
I was watching the videos in your post #24 and Ruby who was taking a nap on top of her cage turned around and started answering them with her 'Ohhh's' . :D

I've never seen that one of sweet Juno before. Love his kisses! :heart:

Last edited:

amieserovski

Meeting neighbors
My five month old Ekkie saying "hello" and trying to copy my whistling
She usually says it not too clearly but every so often she will say hello very clearly. Not super impressive but she's only young and already imitating different sounds :p I think she does my laugh as well!
Talking to Maia - YouTube

solo

Real Name
jess
:heart: they are all so adorable

PicklesParrot

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Leigh
Pickles is learning new words and phrases every day. He's about 1 1/2 yrs now. He's a darn good talker but is camera shy. I have to hide to camera and distract him to catch him when he is talking really good. I finally caught him saying "I love you" clear as day, but he ran out of the shot when he did it. Like he was saying "just try and prove i can talk, no one will believe you."

And here I caught him bossing his toys around. Then gets pissed because they won't "step up" or "come here" and throws them off the couch. Turd Bird.

Last edited by a moderator:

amieserovski

Meeting neighbors
My girl has made another progression with her closet talking and also talking in front of people. I heard her in her cage the other day saying "Maia, come here" and all the other stuffs we say and then she said "NO, don't bite me!" I almost cried tears of laughter.
She also said to my face the other day "hello chicken!" because I always say that to her.
We are tempted to leave a recording device on one day when nobody is home and then come home and listen to her conversations.

Birdiemarie

Feather Snuggler
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Marie
I hope you do that and then post it here! :D