• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Eucalyptus branches

JoJo&Loki

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Kelly
I was just browsing China Prairie’s site since I’m running low on sprouts, and I saw eucalyptus branches for foraging. Has anyone tried this? If so, did your birds enjoy it? It’s a bit expensive, but here in PA it’s mighty difficult to find eucalyptus :laugh:

It seems like something that could be really fun for the kids, since they do love when I bring in lilac branches etc to play with.
60C9211A-D22F-48A7-927B-F9407CB17057.png
I’d love to know if anyone’s birbs have enjoyed these?

saroj12

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
saroj
I was looking at those too!

JoJo&Loki

Real Name
Kelly
I was looking at those too!
You use the China Prairie sprouts, right? I haven’t tried them yet, but they look really good. I’m thinking of getting the micro grains and the exotic blend. I love sprouts so much, I’m kinda obsessed with trying them from everywhere :laugh:

saroj12

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
saroj
You use the China Prairie sprouts, right? I haven’t tried them yet, but they look really good. I’m thinking of getting the micro grains and the exotic blend. I love sprouts so much, I’m kinda obsessed with trying them from everywhere :laugh:
Yes. The birds like them. I looked up dwarf eucalyptus trees. What is called a eucalyptus plant has silver dollar type leaves. Is that bird safe?

Yoshi&Raphi

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Raphi
Yoshi loves branches! He prefers when they have tried out so he can destroy the leaves.

Nikomania

Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
We have 3 eucalyptus trees in our back yard. They love it when I add a tender branch of newly grown leaves to their play areas. Keeps them busy for quite awhile!

milliebird

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Evie
Pippa loves the ones I collect from outside (we have a neverending source of eucalyptus, our 10-acre property is full of them)

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
Hopefully someone on here knows the answer. It would be good to get a tree!!
As far as I am aware all species if eucalyptus tree are safe. I have never heard of eucalyptus plant though so have no idea about that.

milliebird

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Evie
I have never heard of a eucalyptus tree that isn't safe, I have given a eucalyptus that looked like the one you mentioned to Pippa once before but she didn't enjoy it as much (I dont know if it was a dwarf or not though)

Last edited: