• ALL Threads/Post in Rehome Highway will be reviewed for compliance to forum guidelines before being approved.
  • Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Estate planning?

Domothebudgie

Walking the driveway
Avenue Veteran
I hope I’m putting this in the right forum, but Does anyone have suggestions for sanctuaries that will take care of your birds after the owner passes away?
It might be a bit early to plan this, but I want to have a plan just in case anything happens.
I saw a couple places that do it, but don’t see any reviews or pictures of the places. I just want to make sure I have a plan in place.
Thanks!

flyzipper

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Steve
Suggestions for a facility will depend on where you're located.

I found this useful...

MommyBird

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Debbie
Phoenix Landing just did another webinar this past friday on Pet trusts with Peggy Hoyt. I messed up the time and missed it, but here is the link to the recording

Sparkles99

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
My local humane society has a humane steward program - they own your animal upon your death & you will the animal a trust fund. They place them & do sporadic check ins. The trust fund pays for food & vet bills.

Hankmacaw

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Mary Lynn Skinner
The Oasis Sanctuary, in AZ, is a large and very well run Sanctuary.

Sweet Louise

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Pat
I put money aside for the care of Louise, named a trusted friend to make the arrangements, and named the preferred rescue. In that way, if things changed with the rescue, she was free to pursue other options. I had a lawyer for estate planning not that there is much to leave....