• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

End of the Year Expectations for Lil Monsters

rocky'smom

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
laurie
How about your side for resting? I know that my friend made a pillow for Cassie so she can rest on her side. Kinda a double candy cane with low spot for baby belly to rest in.

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
How about your side for resting? I know that my friend made a pillow for Cassie so she can rest on her side. Kinda a double candy cane with low spot for baby belly to rest in.

I dread going to bed honestly. My issue is less my stomach and more my pelvis. I apparently have symphysis pubis dysfunction which means the bones are shifting more than they should essentially. When I am laying down on my side it causes my bones to shift and a sharp pain to radiate into my hips and pubic bone. Rolling over while I am sleeping jolts me awake, which sucks because I am not a "lay still" sleeper even when I am not pregnant. When I put a pillow between my legs it helps, but in order to to that I have to move my knees apart and when I do that, it also triggers the pain.

I have a support band coming in the mail later this week that hopefully will help, but otherwise the only remedy is avoiding triggers and give birth :/

Jan

Stainless Bird Toys @ Blu's Bird Toys
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Jan
Sounds real uncomfortable for you, it's hard to deal with. Eons ago, when I was carrying our 2nd kid, she like hitching a ride up under my ribs, made it so uncomfortable and hard to breathe. And you have nearly 6-7 weeks to go, wow.

Rain Bow

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I dread going to bed honestly. My issue is less my stomach and more my pelvis. I apparently have symphysis pubis dysfunction which means the bones are shifting more than they should essentially. When I am laying down on my side it causes my bones to shift and a sharp pain to radiate into my hips and pubic bone. Rolling over while I am sleeping jolts me awake, which sucks because I am not a "lay still" sleeper even when I am not pregnant. When I put a pillow between my legs it helps, but in order to to that I have to move my knees apart and when I do that, it also triggers the pain.

I have a support band coming in the mail later this week that hopefully will help, but otherwise the only remedy is avoiding triggers and give birth :/
I wonder if you could get in a heated pool to get some relief from some of the pain.?

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
I wonder if you could get in a heated pool to get some relief from some of the pain.?

I am not sure, we basically only have the YMCA pool as an option near me!

Rain Bow

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Maybe your Dr's office would know somewhere... My old PT office had one. You just never know.

Hankmacaw

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Mary Lynn Skinner
I'm so sorry you are having so much pain Mizzely.

I always thought that Bill Cosby had a great idea in his comedy routine about Polaroid babies. Just click the button and one pops out - oops, that one is out of focus. Click the button again.

Soon, I hope the little guy comes very soon.

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
I'm so sorry you are having so much pain Mizzely.

I always thought that Bill Cosby had a great idea in his comedy routine about Polaroid babies. Just click the button and one pops out - oops, that one is out of focus. Click the button again.

Soon, I hope the little guy comes very soon.

LOL omg, thay would be great!!

I got my belly band today and it has helped a lot. It doesn't take away all the pelvis issues but it takes some of the pressure off which keeps it at a dull roar vs a sharp scream :) I might just survive!!

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
Thanks everyone that shopped with me this weekend even though I didn't have a sidewalk sale going on. I :heart: you so much!! All of those orders went out this morning (10/31) or are scheduled to be picked up tomorrow (11/1) :)

Rain Bow

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Can't wait for Buddy's Xmas Box!!! :dance1::dance2::dance3:

rocky'smom

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
laurie
@Mizzely just wanted to let you know my friend's daughter delivered a beautiful baby girl early this morning. She's wee bit tiny 5lbs 6 1/2oz. They named her Rachel Ruth. She is in nicu for the first 24hours, with slight breathing problem. Mama is doing fine. Daddy got to be there via facetime, he is overseas with marine corps. He will be home by thanksgiving.

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
@Mizzely just wanted to let you know my friend's daughter delivered a beautiful baby girl early this morning. She's wee bit tiny 5lbs 6 1/2oz. They named her Rachel Ruth. She is in nicu for the first 24hours, with slight breathing problem. Mama is doing fine. Daddy got to be there via facetime, he is overseas with marine corps. He will be home by thanksgiving.

Congratulations and glad mama is good! Baby will be before they know it too :heart:

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
Just a reminder that in one week, the shop will be closed for orders! I'm just 4 weeks away from my due date! :scrstf:

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
Fell on the ice onto my butt last night and spent 3 hours under observation at the hospital. Luckily baby and I are okay but man that didn't help my pelvic pain :laugh:

Nikomania

Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Before I retired from being an L&D RN we used to use small sized peanut balls to help patients adduct (separate) the legs. Much better support than a squishy pillow.

Have you heard about spinning babies? Google it, as the spinning babies positions could be of help to you, not only for now but for when you go into labor.

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
Before I retired from being an L&D RN we used to use small sized peanut balls to help patients adduct (separate) the legs. Much better support than a squishy pillow.

Have you heard about spinning babies? Google it, as the spinning babies positions could be of help to you, not only for now but for when you go into labor.
I haven't but I will look into it :heart: