• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

End of the Year Expectations for Lil Monsters

Love My Zons

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Claire
It's like being stuffed for sure, but it sort of feels like you swallowed a live cat that likes to pounce on your stomach, bladder, and cervix at random :lol: This kid kicks me in the stomach so hard I get immediate heartburn from my stomach acid shifting!
I know I simply could not handle that. Makes me wonder how that show that's on where Women had no idea they were pregnant can not know.

Love My Zons

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Claire

I loved the experience with Nikolai. This one has been very taxing because I hate 2 of the doctors at my practice and I don't have any other options without driving an hour. They've been bullies, especially about my weight, which has made me very stressed.

My family (both mine and hubby's) has also been really upsetting, particularly in relation to the baby shower. I originally didn't want one at all and then they convinced me to, but not without a bunch of drama about who was invited and who was asked to help and every one made it about them instead of about baby. They also don't believe me that my doctors are jerks and that I'm overreacting.

It's been really emotional for me and hard to stay excited and positive! :(

Sorry to rant! :p
Nope and nope! You do what you want, how and when. And don't feel bad if you tell even a Family member to take a hike.

As for the Doctor's, call them out on their unprofessional behavior.

Do it, think of the little Claire Devil on your shoulder! :devil:

Leih

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Leih Pearson
I know I simply could not handle that. Makes me wonder how that show that's on where Women had no idea they were pregnant can not know.
Me neither! And I wonder about that too. I have pmdd (I'm on birth control pills for it and I feel great!) so I can not even imagine how I'd feel from pregnancy hormones! I find it hard to believe that someone wouldn't know....

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
That is a bummer Shawna and I am very very sorry to hear that your doctors are being horrible and your family ruined the baby shower by being more concerned about trivial rubbish. You would think that the doctors would know better than to stress you out......stress is probably more of a concern for you and bubs than a bit of extra weight I am sure.

You are pregnant so just bite their heads off and blame it on the hormones ;)

I hope everything settles down and you get to enjoy the last bit of time you have all full of gorgeous baby :hug8::hug8::hug8:

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
Honestly the drama is part of the reason I'm closing up a bit earlier than I originally planned. I needed time to hole up and avoid everyone and just do some ol' fashion nesting ;)

JoJo&Loki

Real Name
Kelly

Mine will be a little more than 5 years apart - both a blessing and a curse We do have a name picked out - but that will not be shared outside of my husband and I until after he is here :) [/QUOTE

Mine are 4.5 years apart and there are many advantages to that: your oldest is more self sufficient while your dealing with newborn to toddler stages, mine never fought like siblings closer in age tend to do etc The only negative really is when they’re different ages that can’t always do the same things, like when you go to an amusement park and your youngest still likes kiddyland and the oldest needs to ride the big coasters lol

Pregnancy looks good on you! I hope it’s smooth sailing from here on out and you get that early present!

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
Mine are 4.5 years apart and there are many advantages to that: your oldest is more self sufficient while your dealing with newborn to toddler stages, mine never fought like siblings closer in age tend to do etc The only negative really is when they’re different ages that can’t always do the same things, like when you go to an amusement park and your youngest still likes kiddyland and the oldest needs to ride the big coasters lol

Pregnancy looks good on you! I hope it’s smooth sailing from here on out and you get that early present!

Thank you! My first loves helping me already, so he is really excited to be able to help me out with the baby :) The age gap for activities is really the only drawback I've been worried about but, my sister is only 2 years younger than me and we ran into the same issues, so meh. There is no perfect, but I am glad we waited so far!

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
Update: In regards to the Fall Sidewalk Sale - Lil Monsters will be sitting this one out. This is a hard decision for me as I love Sidewalk Sale time. I love the chaos, energy, and fun around it. I just don't have the energy to keep up this time! I hope you can forgive me!

Tiel Feathers

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Deanna
I needed time to hole up and avoid everyone and just do some ol' fashion nesting ;)
Sounds good to me, sorry for all the drama!

Rain Bow

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Forgiven! You nest away.

The only downside is that off to do other stuff as they age. My kid Sis & I went thru that & there were some major kid fights. But we were girls & w/ 4 & 1/2 yrs difference it didn't really matter too much till I was a very hormonal teen.

I agree it's time to get cranky & hormonal & say enough is enough. My way or the highway. You don't need the stress & they're adults & should act like it.

SandraK

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Palm Coast, FL. Carioca'55 when RJ was in GB.
Real Name
Sandra
There are times when I thank the almighty that I was not born a woman. This is one of those times. :faint:

I hope everything goes well and that soon you'll have one more critter to chase around. :hug8:
I have said several times that if Adam had given birth to twins humanity might have ended there ... As for you @Mizzely - girl, you look like you're about ready to pop. Is this baby all forwards?

SandraK

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Palm Coast, FL. Carioca'55 when RJ was in GB.
Real Name
Sandra
Honestly the drama is part of the reason I'm closing up a bit earlier than I originally planned. I needed time to hole up and avoid everyone and just do some ol' fashion nesting ;)
Keep in mind that "NO" is a very polite word to use when PO'd by anyone. Holding a kitchen item like a spoon and gesturing might help make you feel better. And get the point across. People who aren't preggers always think the pregnant woman is nuts. It is the adult family that does that to us.

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
I have said several times that if Adam had given birth to twins humanity might have ended there ... As for you @Mizzely - girl, you look like you're about ready to pop. Is this baby all forwards?

Yep. The placenta is at the back of the uterus, so baby is ALL in front and I feel every single tiny movement I think :lol:

rocky'smom

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
laurie
You are due about the same time as friend of mine daughter is. She already at get this out of me stage. Hers is little girl that swears is taking tap and baton in uterine.
I'm sorry to hear that your doctors are bullies. Cassie ( friend's daughter) is trying her best, and feeling lousy about her choice for OB-GYN too. As long as the baby is healthy isn't that what counts.
Take your breaks, get comfortable ( know that is hard) and relax.

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
You are due about the same time as friend of mine daughter is. She already at get this out of me stage. Hers is little girl that swears is taking tap and baton in uterine.
I'm sorry to hear that your doctors are bullies. Cassie ( friend's daughter) is trying her best, and feeling lousy about her choice for OB-GYN too. As long as the baby is healthy isn't that what counts.
Take your breaks, get comfortable ( know that is hard) and relax.

Right now if I stand or lay down, my pelvis hurts. If I sit, baby is pressing on my stomach and lungs :lol: I can't win!