• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Empty and Small Cage

Vaepness

Moving in
Real Name
Kayra
I can't afford a bigger cage for both of'em and have literally no space even if i had one

They shred toys and stuff i give them and crate a horrible mess, wooden sticks won't work since all they do is poop on them
Every 2 days i let them fly around my room for 4-5 hours but my room is small and yes i stay in same room with them

I just use some dirt and plants from my backyard so i won't have problem cleaning their nest

They r both female and fight with eachother and whenever they lay eggs they won't even get out of their boxes except when they get hungry

So, what i can do ?

Attachments

Spearmint

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Elk [He/They]
I Would strongly advise not using round cages, as their toes can get stuck in the top. There are some cheaper large cages on places like amazon, facebook marketplace, gumtree etc. Birds are meant to shred toys, it stimulates their brain and makes them happy. Unfortunately cleaning is a part of bird ownership, as tiring as it is. Maybe consider removing their nests in they're laying eggs and acting hormonal.
It's also a better idea to use pieces of paper for the bottom, so you can see if their poop is normal or they might need a checkup. Especially if you don't know what plants they are, or if pesticides might've been used. :)

Ideally, birds should be taken out daily, for 6+ hours of playing, interaction, training etc. If they fight, don't let them out together in case they get hurt.
The only real advice I can give you would be this: A bigger cage (even if you can just cram it into the corner of a room), toys, perches (wipe them down every 2-3 days with a warm damp towel), and to remove nesting boxes.
Also, what is their diet? It looks like there is a lot of seed and millet in their cage. Do they get pellets and chop?

Vaepness

Moving in
Real Name
Kayra
I Would strongly advise not using round cages, as their toes can get stuck in the top. There are some cheaper large cages on places like amazon, facebook marketplace, gumtree etc. Birds are meant to shred toys, it stimulates their brain and makes them happy. Unfortunately cleaning is a part of bird ownership, as tiring as it is. Maybe consider removing their nests in they're laying eggs and acting hormonal.
It's also a better idea to use pieces of paper for the bottom, so you can see if their poop is normal or they might need a checkup. Especially if you don't know what plants they are, or if pesticides might've been used. :)

Ideally, birds should be taken out daily, for 6+ hours of playing, interaction, training etc. If they fight, don't let them out together in case they get hurt.
The only real advice I can give you would be this: A bigger cage (even if you can just cram it into the corner of a room), toys, perches (wipe them down every 2-3 days with a warm damp towel), and to remove nesting boxes.
Also, what is their diet? It looks like there is a lot of seed and millet in their cage. Do they get pellets and chop?

Im so sorry for answering it 2weeks late,

- never ever heard of pellets and chops, i'll give them a proper diet now
- if shredding is good then i'll give'em stuff for it
- mido* never climbs on cage but risks ain't good, gona look for a new cage
- sadly, they are 3-4yo and already staying away from me whatever i do so i gave up on training
- and i have to let them fly around in my room everyday then, need to hide my school papers :D

thank you so much and sorry again to answering late, have a nice day :)

Spearmint

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Elk [He/They]
Im so sorry for answering it 2weeks late,

- never ever heard of pellets and chops, i'll give them a proper diet now
- if shredding is good then i'll give'em stuff for it
- mido* never climbs on cage but risks ain't good, gona look for a new cage
- sadly, they are 3-4yo and already staying away from me whatever i do so i gave up on training
- and i have to let them fly around in my room everyday then, need to hide my school papers :D

thank you so much and sorry again to answering late, have a nice day :)
Absolutely awesome to hear that! Your birdies will be super happy i'm sure :)
If you do end up wanting to train them, best thing to do is just sit around them while they eat treats. It associates you with good food!
Let us know how the setup and diet goes, we're all happy to help if you need it ;)