• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Emery Has a New Brother!

AutumnRain

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Kelsey
His name is Body Marshmallow Henry. He is a West Highland Terrier mix. I can tell that he is also mixed with the Shih Tzu breed by his cute ears and tail. Marshmallow was the name he came with from the rescue, but he doesn't seem to know it. So, since I had the name Bodie planned for years now, I changed it.

He has two middle names because why not? I love the name Marshmallow, but as a middle name instead, and I had already thought of Henry as a middle name for him. :shy:

I rescued him from a rescue that's about an hour and a half away from where I live. I had been hoping to adopt a shelter dog for a long time, and finally had the means, and the space to do so. He's a foster to adopt situation, but I can already tell he will be a foster fail. He's everything I've been wanting in a dog and more. He's estimated to be about four-years-old. He was originally a stray who was found on the street. He had bad, painful mats in his fur. Then, he was adopted by someone else. They had a large dog that got in his face all the time, and he didn't like that, so he was returned to the rescue two months later. He is playful, cuddly, intelligent, and sweet. While Bodie and Emery are kept separate for safety, I still consider them siblings. :walkdog1::tiel4::heart2:

He has the cutest begging dance (3rd picture) download.jpeg
download (2).jpeg download (1).jpeg

The ride home (Don't worry, I was stuck in traffic on the highway when I took this)
IMG_20191221_064315_838.jpg

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Aww Bodie is lovely! Congratulations! So wonderful that this little poochie will have a loving home for christmas... and next christmas... and the one after that... and the one after that and so on :) :bliss: :starshower1:

AutumnRain

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Kelsey
Thank you, @Zara! I already have stockings ready for Bodie and Emery on Christmas. It's so hard to wait to give them to them. And, yes, I think it's wonderful too. This will be a very special Christmas for all of us, as it's just about the one year anniversary Gotcha Day for Emery, and of course soon to be adopting Bodie too. :yes3: :reindeer2:

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
I´m so happy for you! I will keep an eye out for Bodie pics on your IG :) :loveshower:

cassiesdad

Ripping up the road
Weather Authority
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Bob Weisman
Welcome to the Avenue, Body Marshmallow Henry! :)
He's a foster to adopt situation, but I can already tell he will be a foster fail.
...and to be truthful, that's the best kind of fail...;) :)

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
Congratulations!