• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here
  • This forum is for advice about initial treatment given to your injured/sick bird until a qualified avian veterinarian is available.
    THIS IS NOT MEANT TO REPLACE VET CARE

Urgent EMERGENCY READ ASAP

Niceperson

Checking out the neighborhood
so as there is no avain vet here my budgie has a serious crop infection i got my 16 gauge syringe oval top from in like 4 days I ve literally visited all of those freaking no knowledge vets here they don't even know how to do a gram stain they have no equipment for birds they just charge money and have no knowledge about budgies at all
All these vets in my country r for dogs and cats ive been traveling with my budgie for like 2-3 days now I've literally traveled across cities and still haven't found one avain vet
ITS SUCH A SHAME
She is 6 yrs old Ive been doing my reaserch about budgies for like 3 yrs now I know there r some common probs like agy or candidiasis but I won't give any drug till I'm sure about it
I've given her some probiotic,previotic with multivitamins this stuff keeps her energized
When she is not able to eat her millets
My mother got her home someone was selling budgies for like 2 dollors she (Babli) my budgie was the one in very bad condition she told the seller to treat her and he said I can't she is going to die soon
So my mother got her home we visited some vet again those freaks don't have any knowledge they gave her some dewormer without doing any sort of investigation I knew I had to do something before it gets too late I started searching endlessly about budgies
I figured out is was a bacterial infection her vent was dirty she was fluffed up and she barely ate any seeds first I ordered some multivitamins it took 2 days for them to deliver on Amazon I searched some common antibiotics as I knew I had to give some without any tests cus there is no avain vet here I gave her some doxycycline and hopefully it worked she was all fine after that she even stared eating vegetables and vegetarian pellet mix she was so scared of humans hands at first but giving medicine and hand feeding her with vegetables gained her trust
6 years later now current situation
It was all good until now it's been more than a month her crop seems swollen she has stopped eating pellets she only eat her seed mix and whenever she eats then she regurgitates regularly only stuff she is able to digest is some spinach sween corn apples and fruits but now she is also throwing up some white mucus liquid from her crop
I gave her some multivitamins and probiotic,previotics and she seemed fine again for like 2 weeks but the problem stared again now like 4 days ago I wanna do crop smear test to figure out what drug to give these r samples from her poop mixed with 2 drops water on slide zoom is 100x nd 400x IMG_20240422_222214.jpg

Attachments

Niceperson

so as there is no avain vet here my budgie has a serious crop infection i got my 16 gauge syringe oval top from in like 4 days I'm from India I ve literally visited all of those freaking no knowledge vets here they don't even know how to do a gram stain they have no equipment for birds they just charge money and have no knowledge about budgies at all
All these vets in my country r for dogs and cats ive been traveling with my budgie for like 2-3 days now I've literally traveled across cities and still haven't found one avain vet
ITS SUCH A SHAME
Ive been doing my reaserch about budgies for like 3 yrs now I know there r some common probs like agy or candidiasis but I won't give any drug till I'm sure about it
I've given her some probiotic,previotic with multivitamins this stuff keeps her energized
When she is not able to eat her millets
My mother got her home someone was selling budgies for like 2 dollors she (Babli) my budgie was the one in very bad condition she told the seller to treat her and he said I can't she is going to die soon
So my mother got her home we visited some vet again those freaks don't have any knowledge they gave her some dewormer without doing any sort of investigation I knew I had to do something before it gets too late I started searching endlessly about budgies
I figured out is was a bacterial infection her vent was dirty she was fluffed up and she barely ate any seeds first I ordered some multivitamins it took 2 days for them to deliver on Amazon I searched some common antibiotics as I knew I had to give some without any tests cus there is no avain vet here I gave her some doxycycline and hopefully it worked she was all fine after that she even stared eating vegetables and vegetarian pellet mix she was so scared of humans hands at first but giving medicine and hand feeding her with vegetables gained her trust
6 years later now current situation
It was all good until now it's been more than a month her crop seems swollen she has stopped eating pellets she only eat her seed mix and whenever she eats then she regurgitates regularly only stuff she is able to digest is some spinach sween corn apples and fruits but now she is also throwing up some white mucus liquid from her crop
I gave her some multivitamins and probiotic,previotics and she seemed fine again for like 2 weeks but the problem stared again now like 4 days ago I wanna do crop smear test to figure out what drug to give below r samples of her poop with 2 drops of water any guide or help can save someone's life and my sleepless nights

Attachments

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
I'm sorry your bird is sick. Unfortunately there are no avian vets on this site, so I am not sure any of us will be able to tell you anything more than you know already. My guess is she has a crop infection of some sort based on your description, but I have no formal medical knowledge.

Niceperson

I thought there would be some experts here anyway I'll keep updating I won't lose her she is my everything...