• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here
  • This forum is for advice about initial treatment given to your injured/sick bird until a qualified avian veterinarian is available.
    THIS IS NOT MEANT TO REPLACE VET CARE

911 Emergency bird vet recommendations

Cresantmoo

Moving in
Anyone in the phoenix area who can recommend me to an emergency avian vet? I'm new to the area. Im planning on taking her to the arizona exotic animal hospital in mesa. It needs to be an emergency hospital, i called 13 different places 2 days ago and everyones booked 2 weeks out.
Anyone have experience with the place or the vets around?

Thank you for your time.

Hankmacaw

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Mary Lynn Skinner
Dr. Lamb at Arizona Exotic Animal Hospital is very highly thought of for birds.

Is there some reason that you are looking for an emergency clinic? I highly recommend the Avian and Exotic Animal Clinic (Dr. Driggers owner) Avian & Exotic Animal Clinic.

Cresantmoo

Moving in
her toe is purple and swollen, shes in quite a bit of pain. her behavior is a bit off. i kinda need to get her in asap.
the nearest appointment avian and exotics have is the 6th.

Hankmacaw

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Mary Lynn Skinner
I've been with Dr. Driggers for 23 years now and I remember when he was a mobile vet and rented an exam room at Mesa Veterinarian Hospital when he needed. He swore up and down that he would never have a large clinic and hire extra vets - buuut the word got around and he just kept growing. He is an amazing diagnostician and has a deep knowledge of exotic medicine and he is my friend.

He saved the lives of my Hank and Jasper (they both had serious chronic diseases) so many times I lost count.

Birdbabe

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
her toe is purple and swollen, shes in quite a bit of pain. her behavior is a bit off. i kinda need to get her in asap.
the nearest appointment avian and exotics have is the 6th.
That's too long honey, call Dr.Driggers ..plead your case.. :hug8: he will fit you in..