• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Emergancy Trip to the Vet!

Status
Not open for further replies.

thebirdnerds

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Jennifer
Awe poor baby...is he a lab or lab mix? They are such great dogs
Vet told us he is a Great Dane/Shepherd/Lab. For Christmas I am getting that breed identification test just because I am curious :)

thebirdnerds

Real Name
Jennifer
Jennifer, I'm sure your vet told you this. Once your yard gets infested with a parasite like whip worms you can't get rid of them. I would switch your heartworm preventive to Interceptor (or Sentinel) which would deworm for whips and rounds each months as well as prevent heartworms. Hope he gets better quick :)
My vet did tell me that but he did say that he thinks he got them from where he got the Deer, I am just going to have to keep a close eye on him because when I was gone for vacation and my brother was taking care of him he took off and came back with the Deer parts. yuck! Since my other animals don't have whip worm, he doesn't think it was from my yard because my cats and other dog us my yard just the same as Dizzy.

Tamara

Real Name
Tamara R Money
Awww poor baby. I'm glad you got him there in time.

Angelicarboreals

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Angela
Aw, give your baby lots of love from us!

senorabarb

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Barb
I'm sorry that your doggie is so sick. I hope Dizzy feels better soon.

thebirdnerds

Real Name
Jennifer
Thank You everyone. It hasn't been a full 48 hours but I gave him a little chicken noodle soup. He kept that down and did not have the painful diarrhea. He looks better and I think he is feeling a little bit better. :) He still has a while until he can eat normal solid food.

Annie

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Annie
Oh poor doggie. I hope he feels much better very soon. I'll be thinking of him.

birdlvr466

Hit the Road
Real Name
Pat
What a beautiful dog, I hope he recovers perfectly, thank God you reacted quickly. Many hugs to you both. :hug8:

thebirdnerds

Real Name
Jennifer
Dizzy is doing better today I gave him some white rice with eggs in it and I put the whip worm treatment in it as well. He at all of it and had no upsets. :) I am still giving him the pills until gone but he seems to be feeling himself and jumping around. He jumped on my bed and tackled me with kisses....yep he feels better alright hahaha

Status
Not open for further replies.