• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Elvis mimics me- sort of

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
Elvis truly makes me laugh everyday. As many of you know, we play catch with his sock everyday. When he's feeling a bit more mischievous, he will try to "clip" his sock to either my leg or my shoulder. I'm not really sure why- he's playing; he's not trying to hurt me, but it usually results in a pinch and a bruise. I'm pretty good at reading him and can dodge him but yesterday, I was sitting on the floor and didn't catch him fast enough and he "clipped" his sock to my thigh. I said "hey!" in mock outrage and he mimicked me back (not saying hey but a squawk in the same tone) and looked at me equally fake outraged- like how dare you not want my sock clipped to your leg. It was so funny that I burst out laughing which caused him to do a happy dance hopping all around me. And I know I just reinforced the behavior so I have more attempted sock clipping to look forward to. :rolleyes:

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
how dare you not want my sock clipped to your leg
Yes, How dare you! :bignono: ;)

It was so funny that I burst out laughing which caused him to do a happy dance hopping all around me. And I know I just reinforced the behavior so I have more attempted sock clipping to look forward to. :rolleyes:
Oh gosh, Elvis sure does sound adorable. Happy hopping sounds very cute! :swoon: :bliss:

faislaq

I have macaws and don't post enough pictures
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Karen
:loltears: I feel so bad for laughing and completely understand accidentally reinforcing bad behavior. But sometimes their antics are just so cute and they catch you off guard -it can't be helped! :xflove: I'm constantly amazed by the wheels turning in their eyes. :heart:

Nancy B

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Nancy
he's such a cutie!! I love the happy dance because you laughed! :rofl: :rofl:

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
I saw this in the forum and read it again! :prsntbx: :rofl: how is Elvis doing??
He's doing well. Thanks. He only has half a tail right now. He molted out 2 tail feather and broke a third. He did try to clip his sock to me last night but I got away from him. LOL. He's actually been a really good boy lately and very well-behaved. Well, well- behaved for him. ;) How is your cutie doing?

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
And Elvis playing sock is a sight! This bird catches the darn thing up in the air in mid flight!
Impressive. :)
:heart: :heart: :heart: Yes, he loves playing with his sock. Although I think I jinxed myself by saying how good he was because he nailed me last night. :rolleyes: My fault though. We were playing catch and I wasn't paying attention. I really don't even know what happened because, well, I wasn't paying attention. The next thing I knew, he was hanging off of my finger. Sigh. I know better. Rule #1 when playing catch with Elvis is not to get distracted. How is Sweden doing?

FeatheredM

Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Monique
Your bird is like a flying dog who likes socks, that likes to bite and use the same time of voice as you!

macawpower58

Flying along the Avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Shutterbugs' Best
She's been her sweet self.
She did decide to dismantle my lock system on her feed doors! :laugh:
And not to escape this time, just to show me she could.
Normally she 'frees' Solomon also when she escapes.

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
She's been her sweet self.
She did decide to dismantle my lock system on her feed doors! :laugh:
And not to escape this time, just to show me she could.
Normally she 'frees' Solomon also when she escapes.
Those goffins are just so smart! It's nice that she tries to help her buddy. LOL. Elvis would never would never free the tiels.... He wants freedom all to himself. ;)

Once Elvis, while staring at me the whole time, undid his lock and literally kicked the door open. With this look on his face like he was saying- just so you know, I can do this whenever I want to.

Nancy B

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Nancy
He's doing well. Thanks. He only has half a tail right now. He molted out 2 tail feather and broke a third. He did try to clip his sock to me last night but I got away from him. LOL. He's actually been a really good boy lately and very well-behaved. Well, well- behaved for him. ;) How is your cutie doing?
He's doing good. Right now pulling away from us and starting his independent stage. He goes through that every so often. I notice it when he starts losing feathers, he doesn't like to be handled. He'll come over when you tell him you need kisses, but no touching. This is a strange breed. He's got so many little quirks, but I was told that when we got him. They're all so different. :roflmao: :xflove:

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
He's doing good. Right now pulling away from us and starting his independent stage. He goes through that every so often. I notice it when he starts losing feathers, he doesn't like to be handled. He'll come over when you tell him you need kisses, but no touching. This is a strange breed. He's got so many little quirks, but I was told that when we got him. They're all so different. :roflmao: :xflove:
We just had a galah at the rescue that got adopted. Unfortunately, I didn't get to meet him. I have never met one but definitely want to. Elvis is molting right now too. It doesn't seem to slow him down though. LOL.