• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Electus parrot

Ali

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Alistair
Have you looked at the other birds they have for sale? The conditions don't look that great.

Mantis64

Rollerblading along the road
Have you looked at the other birds they have for sale? The conditions don't look that great.
Yep I know I'm a bit suspicious about the birds they have for sale and the advert.

Ali

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Alistair
I think we are thinking along the same lines!
I can't work out if it is genuine, or somebody trying to get a bit if money in a crisis. ALL of them were uploaded yesterday as well. There are so many finches in that cage too.

mythic55

Avenue Veteran
Thank you Mantis, I can say it doesnt look like a Mojo molt.

Young birds NEVER have molts like that, but older birds (around a certain period can- but not around the eyes normally- ekkies molt differently when cared for properly).

Controlling a molt of such drastic nature is quite easy (diet, light, enrichment)- but most commonly caused by mal-nutirtion in ekies (or feeding certain diets with allergens). I see that enclosure is small- however it looks clean (which usually an ekkies enclosure looks like food exploded 24/7).

So maybe this bird was placed their for photo purposes?

Edit: do you see how the wings are placed? this bird is very ill. I would guess fatty liver (but without blood tests or an Xray- No one can tell). If they willing, full blood panel, etc.

Last edited:

tka

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I see that enclosure is small- however it looks clean (which usually an ekkies enclosure looks like food exploded 24/7).

So maybe this bird was placed their for photo purposes?
I'm possibly a bit more cynical than you. I can see droppings at the bottom of the cage but, like you say, no fresh food. My guess is that this parrot isn't getting the fresh food diet that he needs.

Mantis64

I found the advert is says the account is a rescue centre but what confuses me is why is this person selling the birds then I though rescues take on birds and find them homes for free. Hopefully one of you can explain this to me.
Oh sorry I didn't know that that was against the rules.

Mantis64

I found the advert is says the account is a rescue centre but what confuses me is why is this person selling the birds then I though rescues take on birds and find them homes for free. Hopefully one of you can explain this to me.
How can I check the rules again.

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
How can I check the rules again.
Here is the thread; Avian Avenue Community Guidelines & Etiquette :)

¨Rehome Ads: Craigslist Ads and other Rehome Ads can be posted to the Rehome Highway forum only if you are the person rehoming or know the person rehoming the bird. Special considerations can be made for certain urgent ads but you must have staff approval before posting them. When commenting on rehome ads please do so without personal laments/criticism about the content of the ad (ex: why the bird is up for rehome, the condition of the cage or what's in it, poor/negative condition of the bird and any mistakes found in the ad, angry/sarcastic emoticons, etc). Making subtle references in a round-about way is still breaking the rule and is not allowed. If your ad post appears elsewhere on the board, it will be reviewed and, if approved, moved to Rehome Highway. ¨