• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Electric Roaster Oven

Gavalily

Checking out the neighborhood
Real Name
Jamie
Hello everyone, I am wondering if anyone knows if electric roaster ovens are safe! I was going to use mine for the Turkey tomorrow but now I’m afraid, as it doesn’t say anything about Teflon or coating on the box. I am new to this, I have a gc conure named Charlie, he is 9 months old and the sweetest!
Thank you so much for any help!
Jamie

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
Can you share a link for the item you have?

Kiwi's Dad

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sebastian
If the product is PFOA and PTFE then it should be good to use. It doesn't say on the website but you can contact the manufacturer and ask.

Kiwi's Dad

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sebastian
Remember: Just because it says Teflon-free doesn't mean it's safe. You have to make sure it's free of PFOA and PTFE.

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
Your link does not show me what I wanted to see but it does have a health warning (Proposition 65 warning) which would be enough for me to want an email from the company stating it has no PTFE or PFOA in it. It says it has an enameled baking pan which is great but with the other warning on it I would be hesitant to use it in my birds airspace without clarification of what the harmful chemicals in it may be.