• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Either There's a Very Hungry Caterpiller in my Apt.

The_Mayor

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Martha
Or my birds really like chard:

2021-05-26 17.01.20 ensmallened.jpg

And, yes, that is a ridiculous amount of veggies to serve two small parakeets, but it's not like the farmer's market sells their greens by the ounce (that's another market).

Kassiani

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
My budgies loooovvvvee chard!! It’s great to put in the bottom of a pie plate with a bit of water for a bath, too!

Chomskypom

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Chom (pronouns they/them)
Those punctures are so tidy! They don’t have an awl stashed away in there, do they?

The_Mayor

Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Martha
I know. I could get them contract work putting the perforations in a book of stamps - if anyone used stamps anymore. They do that with their carrots too, when I take them out the remnants have little serrated edges along the sides - that's how I know they're eating them and not just picking them up and dropping them in inconvenient places. :)

Sparkles99

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
That's so cute!

Sparkles!

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I was super sad to learn that Eric Carle, The Very Hungry Caterpillar author/illustrator died yesterday! How fitting your birds are giving tribute!

The_Mayor

Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Martha
I know, that was strange timing. I saw that yesterday as I was heading off to bed. :sad1:

But, yes, I feel like he will live on in the impact of his books for many years to come. Someone who went through some very hard stuff in his own youth and then went on to have a career of bringing joy to children.