• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

eggs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cynth

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Cynthia
Well I haven't looked in the nest for quite some time but today I found 2 eggs. We weren't even sure we had a female. eggs were cold so she isn't laying on them. This is the first time she has ever layn. How are your lovebirds with eggs?
Anyone???

atvchick95

Biking along the boulevard
Real Name
Kelli
I have a pair with 4 babies but they're my only pair set up I only have 2 Breeding pair right now, my other 2 are to young

but I have English Budgie eggs :), however I think they're duds, one was supposed to hatch today and didn't :( the male hasn't given me fertile eggs yet this is the 4th female he's been with and he's almost 2yrs old he'd rather mate the cage bars and break his tail all the way off instead :( :(

bookworm

Jogging around the block
Real Name
thou
i don't know. when mine had eggs for the first time, she sat on them and was a really good hen and mom. are they fertile?

Cynth

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Cynthia
ATV that is neat. Do you have pics yet? do you hand feed? I really have no desire to do that!

BOOK- I don't know, She is very friendly with one of the other 2 birds in there. I have'nt had them sexd. I am fairly sure they are male and female and they are inseparable. I didn't think to check the eggs to see if they were fertile. I just picked them up and they were cold. I didn't think anything could happen to them if they were cold. I know nothing about eggs. We had finch and they had a couple clutches but they were gouldians and they killed all the babies. By the time I got society finch the mom died so no more babies. very sad.

Status
Not open for further replies.