• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Video Egg warming question

Atomiklan

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Andrew
So I have been observing Charlie and Emma warming their (fake) eggs over the last several days. They are obviously in full incubating mode and switch off egg sitting duties every hour or two. So one interesting thing I have noticed is the movements they make when sitting on the eggs. At first I thought it was normal breathing, but it also kinda looks like an intentional butt thrusting motion that they both do when sitting. Possibly to generate additional heat from friction. Is this what they're doing, or am I just observing normal breathing that looks exaggerated since they are sitting on the eggs? NOTE: I am not talking about the side to side wiggle Charlie does in the first video at 3 seconds to settle back down onto the eggs. I am talking about the vertical butt motion during the entire video. If you watch the second video "Charlie watches the fids" you'll notice, this motion is not present. They were not incubating eggs technically at that point. Also, he had been sitting for quite some time so its not like he was out of breath.

Thanks

Behavior present

Behavior absent

Laurul Feather Cat

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Lois
Really cute. My tiels make such motions while sitting on the eggs. I always thought it was to fluff the feathers over the eggs. And besides, sometimes rubbing your cloaca on something feels good.

WendyN

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Wendy
So cute!
I am glad you are enjoying them.