• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Egg question

Spooky30

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Jordan
My cockatiel just laid an egg today and this is her second time and I was wondering if I could move the eggs because she has 2 cages her night cage in my room and her day cage in the living room and I was wondering if I should move them back and forth at night and in the morning

Spooky30

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Jordan
My cockatiel just laid an egg today and this is her second time and I was wondering if I could move the eggs because she has 2 cages her night cage in my room and her day cage in the living room and I was wondering if I should move them back and forth at night and in the morning
I also really cant leave her downstairs alone

Tiel Feathers

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Deanna
I move my tiels egg back and forth between her night cage and her day cage, and she doesn’t seem to mind. In fact I think this helps her from thinking that she has a nice nest somewhere and she started laying less when I started doing this to her eggs. I also really like to shake up her world so she doesn’t think egg laying is a good idea. One time I even left her egg in the sleep cage every day and just moved her because her cage mate started sitting on her egg and I didn’t want that bird to get any ideas.

Birdbabe

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Which cage did she lay it in. I have tried that, moving eggs. They got abandoned, which is fine, I don't need anymore.