• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

egg laying breathing issue?

Lucy

Moving in
Real Name
emilia
Hi all, I have my little lovebird, 2 years now, she is laying eggs , she is alone so no babies coming, but im worried about her breathing, as i see its slightly heavier than usual, he has laid 3 eggs with no problem, yesterday was her third, but before laying this i notice this different breathing on her, so i dont think its an egg stucked, as she laid yesterday her third one.
SHe eats, its active searching for material for the nest and eating ok, she has calcium and vitamins im giving now also. But as im not an expert im not sure if its normal this breathing when she is in this laying egg period or should i be worried.
I call the vet today just in case , he said to keep an eye on her, in case its an egg stucked, but i cannot relax , my mind its very worried that something happen to my girl :(
ANy help or advise would be wonderful, thank you!

Kiwi's Dad

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sebastian

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Hi Lucy, are these her first eggs?

yesterday was her third
in case its an egg stucked, but i cannot relax , my mind its very worried that something happen to my girl
If yesterday was her third, then count, each egg is laid 24-48 hours apart. I have personally found it is closer to the 48 hours mark, more or less every 2 days.

i notice this different breathing on her
Egg laying is a huge task for a small birds body. So heavier breathing is normal.

To reduce egg laying problems, having a blanced diet of pellets, veggies and a little seed, having her wings grown so she is fully flighted, and allowing adequate rest between eggs will all help her. You could give a supplement but do so under directions of your vet. (Too much calcium is a problem).

i cannot relax , my mind its very worried
Have a read of this article and get to know the signs to watch out for, be prepared, but try not to worry.

And here is a similar thread from the other day;

Lucy

Moving in
Real Name
emilia
Thank u! Rrading that is normal on these moments it helos my mind!!

Its the second time she lays eggs, the first time she had 3, first perfect, the other 2 problematic, but at the end all good.

The calcium its this bone that she eats whenever she wants when she feel she needs, im pretty sure she knows better when its needed, she has her wings perfect, never ever touched them and never will, she is in a big room modified so there are no danger or harm for her, so she is a very active bird :)

Today still no egg, popping and eating and active, so will wat if tomorrownthere isnno egg i will visit the vet to check her, hopefully wont be problematic

Thank u!