• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Egg advice

Skum

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Bruce Bergeson
Hello, Ivan has laid 4 eggs, the last one a week ago. I assume this finishes the cuve. She still sits on them vigilantly in the evening but during the day comes out of her cage to hang around with me as if everything was eggless. Could someone tell me when it'll be ok to remove them. I don't want to upset her or for her to lay more

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
but during the day comes out of her cage to hang around with me as if everything was eggless.
That´s a good sign. I always worry when my girls refuse to leave the nest and won´t exercise.

Remove the eggs 3 weeks after brooding began. When you remove the eggs, shuffle the cage around, moving perches, food bowls and toys.
If she abandons the eggs before then you can remove them earlier.

tka

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Is there any chance that these eggs could be fertile?

Skum

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Bruce Bergeson
That´s a good sign. I always worry when my girls refuse to leave the nest and won´t exercise.

Remove the eggs 3 weeks after brooding began. When you remove the eggs, shuffle the cage around, moving perches, food bowls and toys.
If she abandons the eggs before then you can remove them earlier.
OK, thanks, I'll wait another week. She's happy and the eggs are a great conversation piece