• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Edit button.

zoo mom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Elaine
People complaining about this board makes me so upset.
Everyone worked SO hard on their own time to make it happen. They didn't make it happen for them, but for all the members. Hours and hours! They were up early, they were frustrated, they had to redo things a number of times, they had to learn new things. We had to make it aesthetically pleasing too!
Instead of complain or griping about it, just get used to it. If you don't like it, leave.
I for one am not really complaining. You obviously can't leave an edit button open ended. Things could get changed weeks or months down the road. I love AA and am both glad and proud to be a member here and greatly appreciate the time and effort the administration and staff put in to make this the best forum in the world. My biggest complaint is my phone having a mind of its own and my typing ability on it.

itzmered

Welcome to Parrotdise
Super Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chris
2 very easy solutions. Use the preview button first before posting. Post and read what you wrote, edit if needed is easily accomplished in the 10 minute time frame.

Clueless

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
I for one am not really complaining. You obviously can't leave an edit button open ended. Things could get changed weeks or months down the road. I love AA and am both glad and proud to be a member here and greatly appreciate the time and effort the administration and staff put in to make this the best forum in the world. My biggest complaint is my phone having a mind of its own and my typing ability on it.
Exactly what Elaine said.

Mark & Da Boyz

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Mark
I need that when posting and the crew decide that it's time to tap dance on the keyboard and I miss something and need to fix it. Went to change something today and noticed there is no Edit option.

JLcribber

@cockatoojohn
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
John
You get 10 minutes to edit. That's it.

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Banner Hoarder
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
If you are on mobile, the edit button is going to be hidden next to Report under the three dots and arrow. As John said, the option to edit will be removed after 10 minutes.

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Banner Hoarder
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
Just read your post before you hit submit ;)

itzmered

Welcome to Parrotdise
Super Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chris
I am going to merge this with the other edit button thread

Hawk12237

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Michael
I need that when posting and the crew decide that it's time to tap dance on the keyboard and I miss something and need to fix it. Went to change something today and noticed there is no Edit option.
Lol....you get 10 minutes to correct it. Provided the bird let's you. After that the edit button self destructs. :rofl::rofl:

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
My little ones also love running around on the keyboard. It´s really no big deal if there´s odd typos or weird numbers or letters in your post. Remember you are on a bird forum and many of us have the same experience, so we can easily see past it :)

Hawk12237

Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Michael
My little ones also love running around on the keyboard. It´s really no big deal if there´s odd typos or weird numbers or letters in your post. Remember you are on a bird forum and many of us have the same experience, so we can easily see past it :)
Isn't that the truth. Personally I don't have a problem with the button or time limit. Many sites don't even that option.
the edit button on AA has been around since Danita took over the site from ThePerch. ( been a member since 2008, just changed login name when forgot login and password) So I don't know what all the fuss is about. It's a parrot site, some of the typo's we all learned to read through, because the typo can sometimes come from the parrot! Mine can't spell correctly....lol.
Heaven forbid you try to move bird off keyboard, " wait...I'm not done!! "...Ha ha ha ha!

Dartman

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Terry
I always take a quick look before posting but sometimes between a quick scan and auto correct not seeing something they get through but yes, most of us know what we or somebody was trying to say so not a huge deal, just got spoiled with the extra time on the old software. I have seen other forums where something happened and somebody deleted everything they wrote and people are responding to something no longer there and it gets pretty confusing at times.

Sodapop&Co.

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sarah
Isn't that the truth. Personally I don't have a problem with the button or time limit. Many sites don't even that option.
the edit button on AA has been around since Danita took over the site from ThePerch. ( been a member since 2008, just changed login name when forgot login and password) So I don't know what all the fuss is about. It's a parrot site, some of the typo's we all learned to read through, because the typo can sometimes come from the parrot! Mine can't spell correctly....lol.
Heaven forbid you try to move bird off keyboard, " wait...I'm not done!! "...Ha ha ha ha!
Ikr, they really seem to enjoy it! Damien has typed some really funny things on his own. Like that one time I was typing to a friend that Damien was pigging out on millet so I had to take the spray away from him and then he walked over the keyboard and sent a perfect " :/ " in the chat. :rofl: Or when I'm telling them how much I love Damien and am just typing up a whole novel about how much I love him and how amazing he is he'll carefully step onto the enter key like "stop wasting time just send them the message saying how awesome I am already". :D Love the little dude :xflove: As a lil baby he used to sit in between my hands as I typed away and carefully peck at the keyboard the way I was doing. Learning from momma :heart: Either that or he'd claim one of my hands to sleep in (or under) and I'd be left with only one hand to type up reports with :hilarious:

Karen

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
the edit button on AA has been around since Danita took over the site from ThePerch. ( been a member since 2008, just changed login name when forgot login and password)
???

What was your name before?

Hawk12237

Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Michael
???

What was your name before?
Ooh for the life of me, I can't remember karen. I was on "The Perch", just about the time it seemed to have lost everyone I think around 2008 maybe 2009, or whatever happened. Waited a year maybe more came back and believe Danita had just became head of it or bought it.
Hung around for while then left a while after Lou ( my military) and Billy jean (my too)passed away. Lot of photos in beginning of AA of them.
A Lot of files and history was purged from AA somewhere back then when they did a major upgrade. After my head on collision ( hit by texting driver head on) I was off AA for oh, maybe 5-6 years and several surgeries. When I decided to come back at beginning of this year, I couldn't for the life of me remember my login or password. Nor find where I wrote the darn thing down at. Had much saved on an ipod, which is now far outdated.
Soooo, I just said to heck with it and created new login and password.
There's still a few I remember going back to the perch.
My good buddy hank, (mary) , john, danita, and a few others.
How many can recall the crazy lady, that posted of the blizzard and wierd, what was her name. She was in voodoo, or witchcraft or something. The big thread back then of that bird she had on wall, looked like a cross between a prehistoric bird and a sick horror movie. Lol...
I think that was the person that prompt the administrators to has restrictions on photos uploaded. People remember that?

itzmered

Welcome to Parrotdise
Super Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chris
Danita did not buy The Perch. That was a completely different forum run by someone else. A group of us that used to be staff on The Perch started Avian Avenue and Jill owned it up until a few years ago when Danita took it over

Hawk12237

Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Michael
Danita did not buy The Perch. That was a completely different forum run by someone else. A group of us that used to be staff on The Perch started Avian Avenue and Jill owned it up until a few years ago when Danita took it over
No..she, danita, didn't "buy" the perch...that site fell apart, some one else started AA and Danita took over somewhere down the line. No sure exactly when. Probably when I took a few years away. Probably when it got purged too.