• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Edit button.

Hawk12237

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Michael
I think my point was pretty clear. How about you tell me what your point was.
With that attitude, probably not. I've been doing security on software long before most most ever heard of computers in homes.
The computer I use is custom made, by government techs, you can't buy one like this. Cost over 22,000, the software I run is 5-6 times that cost. Designed by government.
So you can understand I can't share that info about your vulnerability, without revealing my
Program. That becomes a vulnerability to me then...I'm sure you understand.
I've had people see my set up and they're like, holy God where did you get that kind of power and system??
Your site issues are not critical, and pose no big risks. But they are there.
Give you a hint...close the door!.

finchly

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Finchly
Oh please. First you’re a federal agent, now you’re a computer expert smarter than the souls who worked so hard to do this site for us.

Give it a break, dude. As soon as you smart off to @Macawnutz and not only admit but GLOAT that you’re not a team player, you’re toast on this site.

Mot to mention wiggling around the Swear Censor just to be a smart aleck.

AA is a community. We work together here— you’re swimming upstream.

Hawk12237

Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Michael
Oh please. First you’re a federal agent, now you’re a computer expert smarter than the souls who worked so hard to do this site for us.

Give it a break, dude. As soon as you smart off to @Macawnutz and not only admit but GLOAT that you’re not a team player, you’re toast on this site.

Mot to mention wiggling around the Swear Censor just to be a smart aleck.

AA is a community. We work together here— you’re swimming upstream.
Yep, after being shot 3 places, I had to take desk work, engineering computers systems, then moved onto stealth aircrafts. Friend and I designed the 3 dimensional navigation system that is now in all aircrafts. Boeing bought the rights to it.
No I didn't say that I was smarter than everyone, your words and your feathers in a bunch. I simply pointed out that there is a vulnerability. I can't show you unless I do a screen shot, and that would expose my software which I can't and not aloud to show or disclose. I was trying to help, I can't do more than that, not allowed to.
As for being a smart alec, oh please get a grip or read somewhere else. I'm me, and won't change. Grow up!

finchly

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Finchly
I’m glad you mention Boeing. That’s perfect. A family member of mine actually did work ( procure parts working closely with the Pentagon) on the stealth aircraft’s and still is in that line of work although at a much higher level . So that one is easy to check.

I'm me, and won't change. Grow up!
Good to know.

zoo mom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Elaine
Back to auto correct. Earlier I was messaging my husband and my phone kept trying to change for into fur. Apparently I message to him too much about our fur babies.

Teckechick

Ask me for a photo of my bird, I have to post one!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Dawn

Hawk12237

Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Michael
Don't feel bad, my wife was at a clothing store trying on clothes, and tried on a dress, took a selfie and sent it to me asking if it made her butt look big. I replied back nooo, but spell check changed it too moooo! LOl...that didn't go over well!
Another funny that happened not too long ago, I got my wife one of those new smart phones for her birthday with all the do da's on it. She went to work then messaged me about certain settings.
I typed back " when you get home I'll tweak it for you. "
well spell check changed it to " when you get home I'll twerk
For you" lol....
She replied back " you.....twerking!?!? This I gotta see " Lol.. " you'll be tweaking your twerking for a long time to come"
( dang spell check !!!!)

Danita

Ripping up the road
Super Administrator
Chief Beak
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Danita
People complaining about this board makes me so upset.
Everyone worked SO hard on their own time to make it happen. They didn't make it happen for them, but for all the members. Hours and hours! They were up early, they were frustrated, they had to redo things a number of times, they had to learn new things. We had to make it aesthetically pleasing too!
Instead of complain or griping about it, just get used to it. If you don't like it, leave.

finchly

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Finchly
People complaining about this board makes me so upset.
Everyone worked SO hard on their own time to make it happen. They didn't make it happen for them, but for all the members. Hours and hours! They were up early, they were frustrated, they had to redo things a number of times, they had to learn new things. We had to make it aesthetically pleasing too!
Instead of complain or griping about it, just get used to it. If you don't like it, leave.
And there is NOTHING more frustrating than working on a website...that’s not working!

I love it. Especially the quote boxes. Once everyone gets used to it, they’ll like it too.

Ripshod

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Linden
Is it just me, or is the site running smoother?
This whole edit button issue is only an issue if you think about it that way. After all, on some forums there wouldn't be one at all, or it would be disabled.

itzmered

Welcome to Parrotdise
Super Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chris
I am on several forums about Cruises and none have the ability to edit or pm other members.

forum is screaming fast now! Thanks to @Danita and @Macawnutz for finding a new host for us. Should be smooth sailing now:yahoo::loveshower:

Monaco

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Kelly Hill
We should start a texting game in the pavilion or wherever they are. The ones where you start with one word, then use only certain suggested words and see if automated words can make a sentence.

Monaco

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Kelly Hill
We should start a texting game in the pavilion or wherever they are. The ones where you start with one word, then use only certain suggested words and see if automated words can make a sentence.
With a no editing rule, of course!