• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Edged dilute adult plumage (Update: Mottle)

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
He´s like a different bird everytime I post in this thread....
(the camera struggles to focus on him)

Leih

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Leih Pearson
Wow! He really does look different every time! Aoife has a little splotchy white in her blue under her white collar, has made me wonder about her, but I would think it would start on her head if she had it too.

Zara

Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Wow! He really does look different every time! Aoife has a little splotchy white in her blue under her white collar, has made me wonder about her, but I would think it would start on her head if she had it too.
Nubes mottle made a cameo at 11-12 months old. I´m not sure when it normally starts.

Mockinbirdiva

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Andrea
He´s like a different bird everytime I post in this thread....
(the camera struggles to focus on him)
He is gorgeous! Your camera does a fine job... and I loved the music!

Rain Bow

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Nube, should be named Cloud.... Sometimes Light blue sometimes Gray, constantly changing or a mix just like a cloud. He's beautiful Zara!

Zara

Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge

Mockinbirdiva

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Andrea
Gorgeous, gorgeous....gorgeous!!!!!

Khizz

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award

Pat H

Real Name
Pat
Gorgeous, gorgeous....gorgeous!!!!!
I know these are old posts... but can't tell you HOW MUCH I LOVE THIS COLOR!!! [I refuse to listen to my husband, as he likes plain green]...
Nube looks so much like one I raised shortly before I quit breeding, tho mine had more speckling, like a pearly cockatiel -- I called it a Silver Spangle...
We SO MISS our Lovebirds!

Pat H

Real Name
Pat
Steve explained that this color is like the bird is camouflaged-- and we wouldn't be able to find it if hiding in the house! :rofl:

Mockinbirdiva

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Andrea
How surprising Nube has lightened ( or so it seems in the new photos) or is that my imagination? The one darker photo shows those colors that are so hard to see. So Pretty!!!!!

Zara

Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
The one darker photo shows those colors that are so hard to see
I should have wrote- Photos 5 and 7 are with flash (LED on, I don´t use an actual flash)
You can see the blue shines jade. Had he not have been Edge dilute nor Mottle, he would have been identical to his dad.

is that my imagination?
No he still seems to be changing. He is now 2.5 years old. He started changing when he was a year old, so it´s been changing constantly for a year and a half now... I wonder if he will ever stop changing? Or if he will just end up a white bird? I wouldn´t have thought so.. but I´m very surprised at how little colour he has left, his head and ¨hood¨ is almost all white! He just has odd little patches of colour on his right wing.

Mockinbirdiva

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Andrea
I should have wrote- Photos 5 and 7 are with flash (LED on, I don´t use an actual flash)
You can see the blue shines jade. Had he not have been Edge dilute nor Mottle, he would have been identical to his dad.

No he still seems to be changing. He is now 2.5 years old. He started changing when he was a year old, so it´s been changing constantly for a year and a half now... I wonder if he will ever stop changing? Or if he will just end up a white bird? I wouldn´t have thought so.. but I´m very surprised at how little colour he has left, his head and ¨hood¨ is almost all white! He just has odd little patches of colour on his right wing.
At this age I wouldn't think he would have any more changes. Funny how some of the other color variations grow more intense when they mature. I think Nube is so unique!

Zara

Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
At this age I wouldn't think he would have any more changes.
He´s now different from last night when I took these pics, he dropped one of those feathers with a good blob of colour on today :lol:

Funny how some of the other color variations grow more intense when they mature.
Nube is Mottle. At first I thought something was wrong with him (at the beginning of this thread), but I wasn´t sure about his mutation as he was my first bird that was marbled (now I have Ade and Gisli who are also Marbled). Eventually I came across the the Mottled ¨mutation¨, they don´t show it until they age. But that is all the info I have on it, so I don´t know if he will ever stay the way he is eventually. It´s quite a rare thing, I´m lead to believe, it´s not something you can breed for because it just happens randomly. There´s next to no images online that I´ve found of other Mottled lovebirds (and the few that there are, a handful are of Nube in this thread).

So yea, Nube certainly is unique! (And aside from visually, he´s a great bird! Wonderful personality)

Rain Bow

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
How surprising Nube has lightened ( or so it seems in the new photos) or is that my imagination? The one darker photo shows those colors that are so hard to see. So Pretty!!!!!
I thought that too! How white he looked but I've been away for so long... I thought my memory was off till you said something! :roflmao:

Zara

Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
So Nubes flights are changing colour.
It's really noticeable now. I came back here to look and you can see one flight feather in the pics from February where the colour had changed. Now there are more...
IMG_20210420_163136.jpg
Sorry the pic is dark, the sun was coming in from the other side. This has happened slowly over the winter while he was over 2 years old.
I'll try get a better pic later.

Side by side,
IMG_20210420_163136.jpg Screenshot_20210421_185720.jpg