• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Eclectus stress?

Butchsmom

Sitting on the front steps
Avenue Veteran
I am trying to figure out what is stressing Chatter, my male eclectus. His previous owner had him on a corn mash and said if he didn't get the mash, he plucked. We have had him two years now. He is on fresh chop, which has some corn in it, nuts, et cetera. He likes all people, but I am his chosen. Unfortunately, he does pluck so not sure of stressor. I discourage him feeding me. I discourage him masturbating on me. So not sure if this is why he is plucking and i should let him? He is only caged when we leave the house, which is seldom. He is in the living room with us. Any ideas?

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
How long has he been plucking? It could be the stress of having a new home or it could even be a health issue.

Butchsmom

Sitting on the front steps
Avenue Veteran
When he was with his previous owner, she said if he did not get this corn mash, he would pluck himself all over. He was never used for breeding. She had him since he was a baby. We have had him for two years now.