• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Eclectus Roll Call!

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
This is my 9 week old baby. I haven't given him a name yet as he is not home from the breeder. He's the most adventurous of his clutch and likes to steal food meant for his siblings. The breeder thinks he will be quick to wean and will be done by the end of next month. Honestly, I'm in no rush because I haven't set up his cage yet.

View attachment 284554 View attachment 284555
Congratulations!

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
New baby on the way :bliss: he will be ready some time in mid February. We are thinking we will name him Pascal.
Congratulations! How exciting!! And look how fuzzy he is!!! :faint:
:starshower1:

fashionfobie

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Natalie
@reffek94 He is simply gorgeous. Congratulations! :heart2: :xflove: :swoon:

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
Congratulations!

Cadaleri

Checking out the neighborhood
Real Name
Priscilla Ortego
This is Rex, his hatch day was November 8th. We brought him home January 29th he's been very sweet so far. He's still getting used to flying the second flight he took he landed on top of the cabinet. I have introduced him to a couple of toys already. He has progressed farther than I thought he would and it's only been a short time. He's never had a mist or bath so that's what I hope to accomplish next. We're still working on introducing fruit other than apples (which he loves) but that's been slow also. As for vegetables I have heard he eats corn and green beans from the can (not sure if I want to have him eat canned vegetables)... I have given fresh green beans with a little success I see it mashed a bit but not demolished like the apples. I'm going to make a chop tonight (multiple beans, brown rice, vegetable pasta, peas and carrots, corn and sweet potato). I will add fruit to it after it's warmed and see if I can get him interested in it. He's eating alot of seed, dried fruit and pellet mix the breeder sent with him. I would like to change it up a bit get him off the seed a bit. Any suggestions are appreciated.

Attachments

Monaco

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Kelly Hill
This is Rex, his hatch day was November 8th. We brought him home January 29th he's been very sweet so far. He's still getting used to flying the second flight he took he landed on top of the cabinet. I have introduced him to a couple of toys already. He has progressed farther than I thought he would and it's only been a short time. He's never had a mist or bath so that's what I hope to accomplish next. We're still working on introducing fruit other than apples (which he loves) but that's been slow also. As for vegetables I have heard he eats corn and green beans from the can (not sure if I want to have him eat canned vegetables)... I have given fresh green beans with a little success I see it mashed a bit but not demolished like the apples. I'm going to make a chop tonight (multiple beans, brown rice, vegetable pasta, peas and carrots, corn and sweet potato). I will add fruit to it after it's warmed and see if I can get him interested in it. He's eating alot of seed, dried fruit and pellet mix the breeder sent with him. I would like to change it up a bit get him off the seed a bit. Any suggestions are appreciated.
@EkkieLu is a great help, and I am working on an older ekkie's diet. There are lots of us trying to get them interested in better food, but you'll probably have an easier time of it starting so early.

:welcometrain:

EkkieLu

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Tricia
Ekkies will really go for softer fruits. Blueberries and bananas are favorites around here. Try to include cooked orange colored veggies in his diet (squash, sweet potatoes, carrots) and green leafy veggies like spinach, kale and collard greens. Mine won't eat any of them raw, but cooked they love them! Make sure is diet is mainly fresh fruits as their digestive system requires the sugar. Keepnuts, seeds, and pellets to a minimum!

Cadaleri

Checking out the neighborhood
Real Name
Priscilla Ortego
Ekkies will really go for softer fruits. Blueberries and bananas are favorites around here. Try to include cooked orange colored veggies in his diet (squash, sweet potatoes, carrots) and green leafy veggies like spinach, kale and collard greens. Mine won't eat any of them raw, but cooked they love them! Make sure is diet is mainly fresh fruits as their digestive system requires the sugar. Keepnuts, seeds, and pellets to a minimum!
Thanks I will keep offering the sweet potatoes and carrots. I will try squash and next time I get to the store I have been offering blueberries and apples, greens I haven't tried those yet I will try to get some of that to try also.

Hbrooks90

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Heidi
Unfortunately not my own yet but I go to a woman who i bought my tiel from every weekend to visit and she wants to get the female ready to sell so she has me hold the her all day to get her used to being handed since she can be very nervous and bitey. Hopefully by the time she's ready to go to a home I'll have the money to bring her to mine :heart: my husbands holding the green one which was amazing considering he used to be scared of bigger parrots and never held one so now he's also a lover of Ekkies :D

Attachments

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
Beautiful babies :heart: I love your rosey, I had 2 when I was younger and they're so much fun
You likely will not get a reply from this member, that post was from 2009. :)

Hbrooks90

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Heidi
Oh ok, I was so in love with the pictures I didn't even notice the date lol

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
Oh ok, I was so in love with the pictures I didn't even notice the date lol
I totally understand that, I am pretty sure I have done it myself more than once :roflmao: