• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Eclectus Roll Call!

Poundkitty

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Nicole
This is Herr Jäger Meister - will call him Jäger and he is a recent re home! He is a New Guinea/Red Sided and supposedly still young. We have been working hard to convert him to an Eclectus appropriate diet and making progress. He is friendly but I really want to start training with him as he loves to fly through house as his wings grow out. Any tips and healthy training treats recommendations would be appreciated! Jäger Pic 1.jpg

Lostbird

Moving in
Real Name
Alpna
This is Rex, his hatch day was November 8th. We brought him home January 29th he's been very sweet so far. He's still getting used to flying the second flight he took he landed on top of the cabinet. I have introduced him to a couple of toys already. He has progressed farther than I thought he would and it's only been a short time. He's never had a mist or bath so that's what I hope to accomplish next. We're still working on introducing fruit other than apples (which he loves) but that's been slow also. As for vegetables I have heard he eats corn and green beans from the can (not sure if I want to have him eat canned vegetables)... I have given fresh green beans with a little success I see it mashed a bit but not demolished like the apples. I'm going to make a chop tonight (multiple beans, brown rice, vegetable pasta, peas and carrots, corn and sweet potato). I will add fruit to it after it's warmed and see if I can get him interested in it. He's eating alot of seed, dried fruit and pellet mix the breeder sent with him. I would like to change it up a bit get him off the seed a bit. Any suggestions are appreciated.
Have you had success with switching his diet. Please let me know what worked.

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
Have you had success with switching his diet. Please let me know what worked.
I doubt you will get a response to your question from the member you asked.... that member has not been on here since not long after the post you quoted.

CaliEckies

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
very beautiful nurtured eclectus!:) may I ask if they are brother and sister? how do male and female understand each other, did you buy them at the same time? thanks for the reply
No they aren't related as far as I am aware. They were adopted years apart :) Macey never liked other birds much so any photos I have of them together was for a photo op and then separated. I totally guessed on the age :p it is easier when I just make the birds all the same age. I never received a bird from someone as the second owner - I have always been the 3rd +

JornsBergenson

Walking the driveway
Welcome to you and Arcee! She's beautiful!