• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Eclectus Foot Print??

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
As far as I’m aware no parrot has three front toes.

Parrot foot has two front toes two back toes.

I’d call your vet and ask what’s the deal with the print they’ve given you- I don’t believe it’s from your birds foot.

Tiel Feathers

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Deanna
Wow, I hope you can get that straightened out. I’m sorry for your loss, and how frustrating that you now have to deal with this.
:sadhug2:

Anna&Aruan

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Anna Beatriz
Actually, i think they may have just not know anything about parrots and manipulated how it looks.

Do you see how theres a little pad on the right side of the back toe, but none on the left side? You can also see some pretty strong wrinkes between the uper right toe and the midle one, but no wrinkes between the midle toe and the upper left one.
This foot is not simetric.
It seems a lot misplaced, wel... the uper right toe seem a lot misplaced

In my opnion, what they probably did was that the top right foot was actually one of your birds back foot and they, probably unintentionally and out of lack of knowledge, thought that the feet should have only one back toe just like chickens and not two back toes like parrots do.

Anna&Aruan

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Anna Beatriz
Actually, i think they may have just not know anything about parrots and manipulated how it looks.

Do you see how theres a little pad on the right side of the back toe, but none on the left side? You can also see some pretty strong wrinkes between the uper right toe and the midle one, but no wrinkes between the midle toe and the upper left one.
This foot is not simetric.
It seems a lot misplaced, wel... the uper right toe seem a lot misplaced

In my opnion, what they probably did was that the top right foot was actually one of your birds back foot and they, probably unintentionally and out of lack of knowledge, thought that the feet should have only one back toe just like chickens and not two back toes like parrots do.
And if my theory is corect, this print could indeed be an eclectus foot, as you can see the middle and the right toe are slightly biger than the other two toes, being so, it would be your parrots right paw, having the two outer toes being slighly biger than the inner toes

JSyle

Meeting neighbors
And if my theory is corect, this print could indeed be an eclectus foot, as you can see the middle and the right toe are slightly biger than the other two toes, being so, it would be your parrots right paw, having the two outer toes being slighly biger than the inner toes
That's also what I was thinking but I didn't think it would physically be able to be moved like that. But I guess after rigor mortis they'd have to be pretty forceful to make a flat print anyway