• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Eclectus chick weight?

Kiks0402

Checking out the neighborhood
Hello!

I'm in talks with a breeder who has a vos cross chick. I'm not sure what the other cross is, possibly red sided or aru. She is 10 weeks old and weighs 377 grams. Seems pretty small to me. Might be impossible to answer from the info provided, but anyone know if this is an appropriate weight for her?

Thanks!

April

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
@BrianB ? You have Ekkie pairs yes? I can't recall if they've had chick's though

Tyrion

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Annette Thompson
:welcomesign:

BrianB

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
I haven’t had any chicks yet. I have a few books on them but unfortunately I can’t find anything on average weights. If I find anything I’ll update here.

BrianB

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
I found this and snipped the chart out of it. From what this says, it sounds like she's right on track for 10 weeks. Even though she's a mix between subspecies they are all Eclectus, so I think it's fairly accurate. Just remember that there is always some weight loss as a bird begins to fly. They are trading fat for muscle so the weight will drop and then go back up.

Screen Shot 2023-02-23 at 6.50.03 PM.jpg

Attachments

Kiwi's Dad

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sebastian
:welcomesign:

Kiks0402

Checking out the neighborhood
I found this and snipped the chart out of it. From what this says, it sounds like she's right on track for 10 weeks. Even though she's a mix between subspecies they are all Eclectus, so I think it's fairly accurate. Just remember that there is always some weight loss as a bird begins to fly. They are trading fat for muscle so the weight will drop and then go back up.

View attachment 423711
Thank you! This is a big help in understanding general growth