• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Eclectus breeding advice!

Hasrat1

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Hasrat Kaur
I’m trying to get into breeding eclectus parrots they have been my dream parrots for as long as I can remember I e always wanted them and since I got into breeding my love for them has quadrupled
Obviously I’m going to get registered first before breeding and learn as much as I can before letting them hatch but idk if i just don’t know how to use the search engine or what because I literally can’t find any information on it
So I was wondering is it safe to breed them at 3 years old or are they not mature enough yet?
What age do the babies wean at I know it’s much older then smaller species like lovebirds who wean at around 8 weeks +\-
Any other info would be great

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
I will tag @BrianB , he may know.

What age do the babies wean at I know it’s much older then smaller species like lovebirds who wean at around 8 weeks +\-
In general, the bigger the bird, the longer to wean. Small and tiny parrots wean the quickest.
I think that feather growth also takes longer for bigger birds.

BrianB

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
The one male I had took 4 to 5 months to wean. He just didn't want to give up the formula, but when he did he turned to fruits and veggies like a garbage disposal.