• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Sparkles99

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Mine rarely will. Yours are eating like champs!

Jogging around the block
Great to hear that they're eating healthy!
Mine also go bats for the seeding grasses, and do eat leafy greens too. I've just got my lovebirds to start touching their greens, more like a shredding toy, but I think they do eat some!

Yuki Shiro

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Stefan
I try and try. My birds already eat from my hand till the 2nd day, but they just won't eat the stuff.
They eat seeds, banana.... well, she eats pellets; and then cashews. Other things only, if they're hungry -> meaning, they don't like.

But we have such a variety in the super market and out there; I'll keep trying.
I guess, in the zoo shop they only had seeds. I will try grass and (untoxic) flowers today.

FeatheredM

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Monique
Mine will depending on their mood. I love your budgies, they are so cute.

BudgieLove

Meeting neighbors
I try and try. My birds already eat from my hand till the 2nd day, but they just won't eat the stuff.
They eat seeds, banana.... well, she eats pellets; and then cashews. Other things only, if they're hungry -> meaning, they don't like.

But we have such a variety in the super market and out there; I'll keep trying.
I guess, in the zoo shop they only had seeds. I will try grass and (untoxic) flowers today.
I am
Lucky being in Australia where I have ample natural food that they would have in the wild to give my budgies. I am so pleased the loved their greens! It can be like getting a little kid to eat their veggies! Haha!

BudgieLove

Meeting neighbors
Great to hear that they're eating healthy!
Mine also go bats for the seeding grasses, and do eat leafy greens too. I've just got my lovebirds to start touching their greens, more like a shredding toy, but I think they do eat some!
Mine eat and eat them! They are a better training treat than millet! I have so many of their natural grasses around where I live (all natural untouched and not sprayed I am very mindful of that) so really happy they are enjoying them so much! Plus the sliver beat and snow peas are a bonus too!

BudgieLove

Meeting neighbors
Mine will depending on their mood. I love your budgies, they are so cute.
Oh thank you they are pretty darn cute hard to get anything else done as watching and interacting with them is all I want to do hahah! I’m so pleased about them eating their greens the only bird that i have had that would eat them so readily was a Cockatoo but he would pretty much it anything … I thought the budgies would be fussy but so far so good…maybe getting them so young has helped?