• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Eating Quirks?

AtomBombBaby

Moving in
Is your bird ever....weird...when they eat? My GCC cant seem to just sit still and eat. I know conures are known for being little clowns but he has like....a little pattern that he does lol. Is this normal? Anyone else have these little quirks?

Tried to post a video but it didnt upload for some reason lol oh well

Tiel Feathers

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Deanna
Sunset will inspect her food to make sure I didn’t poison it or something before she eats.:lol:

Kodigirl210

Rollerblading along the road
It’s normal. Our newest GCC Pippin makes it look like somewhere between a wrestling match and a food eating contest with a starved person. She thrashes the bowl around while cheering and stuffing her face all simultaneously. My CAG thinks that she needs to throw out anything unworthy so will promptly start flinging food before eating something. Or she’s a bull in a china shop using her beak as shovel to throw food everywhere before eating from what’s left. Welcome to the wonderful world of wasteful eaters :coffeescreen:

EkkieLu

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Tricia
If I just break a banana in a few pieces, the ekkies won't touch it, but if I slice it thin and fan it out nicely, then they gobble it up!

EkkieLu

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Tricia
Pippin is serious about getting that nut!!! Very cute!

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew

katebf38

Sprinting down the street
I know if Tua’s pleased as he makes a vet pleasant/happy chipping sound. If it’s not to his liking- he s reaches until I get it right. Happy - wats quietly. Made- screams until I find something he likes. He know it’s good morning, remove cover and be fed something wonderful! Little brat!:smilesign:

Ripshod

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Linden
My last GCC would come down to the food bowl, grab something, then take it back to the top of the cage to eat it. One day I fixed his bowl in the top of his cage in his favourite spot. Again, he'd grab something, but now he came out of his cage to eat. I never tried figuring it out. At least he wasn't eating too much.